Hmm... I was wondering

I happened to finally get on Lady Pheonix’s site today & I picked up the Brave Soul Demo… Which while I can play it I don’t do all that great at it, since I can’t read more than the basics…

Has anyone played that might be able to give me some insight on what I should be doing in the demo…?

quote:
Originally posted by Shadow99:
I happened to finally get on Lady Pheonix's site today & I picked up the Brave Soul Demo... Which while I can play it I don't do all that great at it, since I can't read more than the basics...

Has anyone played that might be able to give me some insight on what I should be doing in the demo...?

Basically there are 4 floors to the demo. Each floor is a little bit harder than the last. Your goal is survival. Since Rudy and Schell are in your party automatically, I'd suggest selecting two girls to be in your party. Choose whomever you want. The bottom of each character portrait has icons, when highlighted tell each character how you want them to behave. Try each one to see how each character reacts during combat.

Good Luck!

I have had thoughts making an english port on that quickie demo but haven’t asked crowd for permission or source codes for that particular demo yet

I did had another (longer) demo ready but it had some problems with text display and in the process of fixing

hmm I figured most of that out Doug, but thanks anyways…

I was thinking more of the ‘magic’ & items… It seems to say that Hero (who I’m guessing is ‘Rudy’ though the demo calls him Hero) has 5 skills or types of magic (since that’s where it lists magic abilities for everyone else). But I don’t understand which option does what & playing aroudn with it didn’t seem to change anything, but since I can’t read it I may not have actually done soemthing was supposed to…

Also certain items have no descriptions with any english in them at all so I’m completely lost on what they do…

Lamuness that would be cool! Either that is, though a more compelte one that was in english might make me buy BS… So far I’m tempted, but undecided… Mostly because I’ve only seen a short bit of the game & don’t really understand what is going on!

the one that I had prepared is a good 70mb demo with voices. The major question is, where shall I post this that doesn’t cause any bandwidth issues? I can’t post it on peapri’s server since it suffers an awful lot of bandwidth already with its own traffic alone

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
the one that I had prepared is a good 70mb demo with voices. The major question is, where shall I post this that doesn't cause any bandwidth issues? I can't post it on peapri's server since it suffers an awful lot of bandwidth already with its own traffic alone

Hotline? I don't know, but probably not. Just thinking out my ass.

You can check FreeWebspace.net to see if there's anything place that looks like they'd allow large files and bandwidths. They have a huge listing of general webhosts, Game Hosts, and Non-Profit Org Hosts and stuff like that. I used to go there and just sign up to a bunch of the no ad sites. I mustof had at least 30 websites at one time or another. Right now, I'm pretty much down to two or three, but only one gets updated, the other two I know about but haven't touched in years, and the rest were either deleted for inactiveness or I forgot who I signed up with. :shrug:

[This message has been edited by Seishin (edited 06-02-2003).]