Hmmm... I wonder what they were trying to say?

Heh… Americans…

:wink:

Right. __

I don’t get it Narg, what are you talking about?

The final episode of Lucky Star.

Patty-chan got a bit of spotlight and they revealed a lot about her character. :stuck_out_tongue:

Since she’s the American - and the characters are heavily stereotyped for their particular moe roles - I found it amusing how she was being portrayed.

Patty has her moments… and she has a lot of tricks. :cool:

Wakashi Nippon-go wakaranai!

[ 09-19-2007, 06:52 AM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

Dunno.
For my part, I never met/saw any American person I’d call even remotely ‘cute’.

…not that I ever met/saw any 3D person I’d call ‘cute’ anyway. ^^;;;;;;

OIC, Lucky Star. I haven’t seen any episodes. The only anime I get to see is what airs on TV here in the US. Out of curiosity, how are American characters usually portrayed in anime?

That’s why I’m so in love with Patty right now… usually Americans are stuck in action anime: carrying guns and shooting things, or piloting mecha in an international space force. I don’t see “moe” American characters too often… although I admit I don’t watch too much anime either. Maybe someone else here can fill the void. :slight_smile:

However for a long time, Patty was just a Konata satellite: last episode really let her shine and show her hidden personality. She isn’t under Konata’s control, that’s for sure. :wink:

[ 09-20-2007, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

Any American female character who can pull off cosplaying Mikuru Asahina = win in my book.