Hmmm....let's spice things up a little

This BBS is starting to slow down…maybe it’s because I am not as frequently here as before. I have been on a big vacation since december travelling to various places like Japan, taiwan, HK, china etc…and I am still not back from my vacation yet.

To give this BBS some life back, how about I talk about what happened during this past 3 months, from the eyes of a bishoujo player and fan? I did attend a few doujin events afterall. So how about it?

But then I dunno how or where to start since I would have a lot to talk about…

I guess I will start by a brief timeline, so everybody knows what’s going on:

- went to japan in dec05
- stayed with Peter at Jlist for 10 days, worked on BS
- Peter treated me to onsen hotel (tokimeki checkin?), Peter sings good japanese karaoke; I am very impressed
- left Peter and went to Tokyo for the rest of the month
- got a pretty bad stomache and was immobile for at least 3 days
- spent most of my time in akihabara to be honest
- went to all 3 days of comic market, woke up at 4-5am for it. Met many people t here, including famous artists.
- did NOTHING in japan for new years eve, or xmas
- went to HK on jan01

(blah blah blah)

- mid-feb, went to taiwan’s doujin event comicworld (run by S.E…or deleter, makers of screen tones for manga). Takei Masaki (artist for doukyusei) was there as guest for autograph session. I went to meet him (as requested by Kagami)

(blah blah blah)

present day :stuck_out_tongue:

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
This BBS is starting to slow down...maybe it's because I am not as frequently here as before.

Yes, it's all your fault! We blame you!!!

Okay, I'm kidding. Just a slow period. Probably of combination of some of the usual lunatics, er, I mean regulars being busy with other things and a somewhat reduced interest in the two latest games Sensei 2 and Tsuki. (Or at least that's my read.) But, heck you mentioned it getting slow and now people like Unicorn-san is back with a vengeance... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Actually, I'm a bit interested as well in what you've been up to. Does sound interesting. (Except for the being immobile for 3 days part.)

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
(Except for the being immobile for 3 days part.)

Since ekylo mentioned it, I might as well start off with my stomache. hohoho

I prolly ate too many fried foods in one day and the next day my stomach became really upset and letsee I puked right in the hotel lobby floor, ruining my jacket and my backpack. And guess what, nobody was there (even at the counter)....lucky me :P

I tried to rest for a few days but no go. aka ero-jiji hokusai's suggestion I went to the nearby pharmacy and got some sakuron which is some over-the-counter stomach acid thing...first time I ever tried japanese medicine. You take a packet and inside it's a powdery substance but bigger "grains" and you throw everything in the packet in your mouth and you drink water with it. And I got better....

happy now, ekylo? :P

ok, this is off-topic...back to bishoujo

yes I went to necca cafe and actually that's the only net cafe I went to simply because they offer the cheapest and most annoymous (no membership crap which is a hassle since I am a visitor) laptop mobile internet service. And yes, like kagami said necca cafe waitresses are dressed up as maids....but one interesting observation: the waitresses all wear tight shorts beneath their maid dresses....no fun :P

will add more later....and I should have movies too...

Lamuness, By HK, do you mean Hokkaido? It sounds like you had an interesting vacation. Any Vacation where something doesn’t go the way you planned would be boring.

Heh well you picked a good time to visit HK. Man try visiting that place during the summer. Did you drink the tap water when you got sick? Don’t know about Tokyo but never never drink tap water in HK

Of course just drink the soda and get a facial. Gah… I miss cheap spa services… Man, I just want to shop in HK. I feel so poor in the US. L

Lamuness, you must be very inspired now with all of this traveling and art immersion! Makes me tired and envious just reading about it.

[This message has been edited by Llilithe (edited 02-27-2003).]

While in Japan last year, my friends and I went to dinner at Anna Miller’s.
- Decent food.
- Good desserts.
- Cute waitresses. Too bad we couldn’t take pictures of them…

quote:
Originally posted by Kagami:
What, did you flip up their dresses in order to check? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

that would be something OLF would do...

Actually their shorts are a bit too long, they almost went down to the knees, and the dresses are knee-length. So when they bow for example, the shorts become visible...

They really should make the shorts a bit shorter....just to make it less easily visible

quote:
They really should make the shorts a bit shorter....just to make it less easily visible

Perhaps, they did this in order to give those funny people who actually would flip their skirts up, a reason to think twice?

quote:
that would be something OLF would do...
I'm NOT into maids! Miko OTOH...

quote:
Originally posted by olf_le_fol:
Miko OTOH...

That's our "La Blue Girl"-fan! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Well, technically your stomache problem could have been bishoujo related if you were being taken care of by a cute young nurse…

You know, one of these days I really need to go to Japan and visit the Anna Miller’s there. I’m really curious to see how it differs from the one over here.