Hobibox homepage replaced

Hobibox Europe has indeed ended operations. We will be taking over the Sakigake project, assuming it is possible to release the game.

Tell me, if the game could be released but only in censored form, would fans still support its release? We’re not sure about that issue at present.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Payne:
(...) Tell me, if the game could be released but only in censored form, would fans still support its release? We're not sure about that issue at present.

You mean the moasic style? Sure, even if the scenes were fully taken out, to get this game out I think it would be worth it since the wait has been, at no fault of anyone here, as long as it has been for this game.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 02-25-2004).]

quote:
Hobibox Europe has indeed ended operations. We will be taking over the Sakigake project, assuming it is possible to release the game.

Tell me, if the game could be released but only in censored form, would fans still support its release? We're not sure about that issue at present.

Hobibox has claimed that Sakigake was entering beta testing. Further it is a tactical game, and not a pure ADV. From these vantage points it would seem to cost you less and (at least potentially) get you more to release the game in any playable form.

I will buy it regardless. I will also be buying Hirameki's releases because I want to see the industry succeed. Most b-game players I know would agree. I know this is not in general true, because this is a hardcore position that diehard fans take.

As to what the general public reaction will be ... I honestly could not guess. But if you ever intend to try to find out, this seems like a good time to make the attempt.

quote:
Tell me, if the game could be released but only in censored form, would fans still support its release? We're not sure about that issue at present.

Ah, nostalgia! That just reminds me of those old days when good ol' Dave aked the same thing for "Dokusen".

But more seriously:
I think that it's not the fans that you have to worry about. Being a fan almost implies supporting that kind of release too. At least I would certainly buy it, just like others here already said for themselves.
But I also doubt that you will reach an audience that makes releasing the product pay off. I already had too many discussions about the topics "mosaics", "censorship" and "restricted freedom of the artist" (actually meaning: "restricted fulfillment of the viewer's needs") in order to be optimistic about that.

On the other hand, all releases from Hobibox were mosaiced and they at lest survived until recently. Well, perhaps if you can take a look at Hobibox's sales figures, you will get a better idea than if you listen to my speculations about that matter...

quote:

Go for it! I've been looking at this game for awhile. It looks like a nice mix of Stategy and Bishojo. (I d/l'd the demo movie) I'd buy with the mosaics definitely.

quote:
Originally posted by ShinjiTohno:
I would also like to ask another question. Who was the person who insisted that all bishoujo games must be uncensored? I could have played Kana uncensored and still loved it. The same goes for Snow Drop and Tokimeki-Check In: they would have been great games even without the censorship. Again, the uncensoring to me is merely a bonus, albeit a good one.

In general, it's the more casual buyers of these games than the die-hard fans. Personally, I think it's mainly determined by the reason behind people's purchase of the game in the first place and sometimes a lack of knowledge from the casual buyer. As Unicorn-san alluded to, I think many of us have been in conversations where people had an automatic assumption that the mosaic was placed on a fully detailed image when that's not always the case.

As for Sakigake itself. I think I'm with the majority of fans who would like to see the game come out regardless. And I agree with those who feel that the game style would help sway a few more over to buying and playing it. Though I do wonder how well Brave Soul would have done if it had retained the original mosaiced artwork, I think the fact that it was an RPG (rather than a visual novel type game) convinced many people to try it in the first place.

As the others said, go for it!
As much as I don’t play bishoujo games for the hentai, I must admit that seeing mosaic (just because it’s mosaic) will make feel a bit annoyed. Because honestly, you get the feeling that something is being held back from you.
But don’t cut out the sex scenes. It would make a void in the game, I’m sure.

The mosiacs are annoying, but what matters the most are the game’s play and story if it is a tactical style game.

I’d rather see it released then get cancelled, especially over a silly thing like mosiacs.

Peter I don’t think you have to worry about us getting the game or not. Most of us in the forums going to end up buying this game if you release it either way. The ones you have to worry about are the casual buyers which historically have not liked mosiaced games, as your CP limited edition showed