HourGlass summer

personally i found the dvd player format so irritating i’ve never played more than a tiny bit of it :frowning:

mostly i had real trouble finding anything that could even vaguely support it on my computer (i’m not in the US, so wrong region for a real DVD player) i found something that could play it eventually but the password feature wouldn’t work so i couldn’t properly go back to where I was previously. also, i read fast, and this format is not at all helpful for that.

i don’t regret having paid for it (it was on sale anyway) but i don’t think i’ll ever play it, good story or no.

Actually, I had the same problem when I used my usual DVD-player software that came with my DVD-ROM -drive: I could obtain the passwords, but entering them had only the effect that the game started from scratch.

I was in for a big surprise when I tried the Windows media player from XP though: because here the passwords that I wrote down while using the other player actually worked.

Still a pain.
I played it on VLC and it’s better than on a DVD player but it’s still crap.

On my computer, Hourglass doesn’t run under WMP (I think it crashes after a while, even if the game initially appears to work).

VLC works, although you’ll have to get used to some inconveniences, such as player choices not visibly appearing after you enter a password. Nevertheless, I managed to enjoy the game.

I know that usualy we all say that if an eroge has an anime based on it there is no chance the game will be translated, but it seems there is one exception :

Natsuiro no Sunadokei
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9622/105090titreuf9.jpg

2 OVA (30min each)

I guess it’s based on Kaho’s path and that the cutest girl of the game (Mana) doesn’t appear more than 10 sec.

one of the problems is that the anime version might of a h-game might say the charcters’ ages
only 3 games from anime have been released uncensored those are
bible black, Ai Yori Aoshi , and Discipline - The Record of the Crusade
it would be cool if there was an uncensored patch for fate/stay night, tsukihime, or Utawarerumono
one thing the USA H-game industry needs is a few more companies that make games then we might see more games that got turned into anime

Over the years many companies have tried to translate these games, going all the way back to some very old games released way back in 1993. Every single one of these companies except Peach Princess has died, with one minor exception**, and PP only survives because it is attached to J-List (and thus has an independent supply of funding).

Not enough people guy the games to support a huge industry with several competing companies. It’s not like there’s a huge pent-up demand if only someone would fill it. I’d like to see visual novels translated – PS2 versions, PC ero versions, doesn’t really matter to me all that much – but until sales pick up, the demand isn’t there.

** – Yes, Kitty is still around, and they put out two games. They’re primarily an HOVA company. And while I’d like to see them get more into the game business, there’s absolutely no evidence it was more than an experiment.

some of the hentai anime companies should try and translate games