HourGlass summer

I was reading the summary and noticed one thing.

U-15???

So no cough? Or is it censored? (First time finding a game like this).

The fact that it’s a game that involves a guy going after girls makes it a higer age rating that what you’d assume by playing it. It’s not a game meant for kids. They don’t want romantic games. With the exception of Hourglass of Summer, all of the DVD player games released by Anime Play are censored versions of adult bishoujo games. The original Hourglass of Summer did not have adult scenes so there was no special editing of this game for the English release. Hence, this is the only game of theirs that I own.

So theirs no nudity?

What’s interesting about it. You have it so tell me about it. Games like these sometimes become more interesting then the ones with the you know what. Is it because of their poses or something or the way they dress? It’s my first time looking at a H game on this site with no hachoo…man…i have a cold.

The problem is that you keep calling it an H game. It’s not an H game, and it does not make up for the lack of sex with fan service. I bet these types of games are popular in Japan because it’s easier to get involved in the story. Everyone plays bishoujo games for the girls, that’s what the games are. But what about the girls, that is different. A lot of the time people want to see the erotic scenes and there are lots of games that focus on that aspect. This game has no sex, and little if any fan service, but it’s still a bishoujo game and still about the girls. This game has an interesting storyline, and the pretty girls enhance that. Of course, there are games with good stories that fit sex scenes in. If you’re looking for something like that, this is not the game for you. Overall, I think it’s a good game.

quote:
Originally posted by Master X:
So theirs no nudity?

What's interesting about it. You have it so tell me about it. Games like these sometimes become more interesting then the ones with the you know what. Is it because of their poses or something or the way they dress? It's my first time looking at a H game on this site with no *hachoo*.....man....i have a cold.

Maybe because the story doesn't necessarily revolve around screwing everything on two legs that the protagonist comes in contact with? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] There's something to be said for a story that wasn't designed to be a framework for sex scenes, but that was intended to stand entirely on its own merit. As bishounen_blue pointed out, there's a handful of good storyful English H-games out there, but for every one of them there's two or three where the story obviously was intended to just be an excuse to generate sex scenes.

Anyway, Hourglass of Summer is one of the best story-focused games on the market. Too bad the interactive DVD interface is quite clunky.

Actually, i find this game rather good, actually, pretty good, because it (with Day of Love) made true my tought of “i wish there were no sex but a better story instead”.
Althrough i do see sex as something important in these games, because (most of time, most of games) it means the “fulfilment” of love.
But even with that in mind, this is still a good game that covers up the “no sex” with a more in deep plot.
The only thing i can say about this game that can actually be bad is that i found it rather saaaaaaaaad… and i hate sad stories -_-’

Keep in mind that Day of Love is just an edited version of an adult game. I may look into it while I’m in Japan so I can see how the scenes were taken out with the story left in tact. Also, the majority of bishoujo games aren’t about the fulfilment of love. Renai games are outnumbered by the other subgenres of bishoujo games. Even so, there are still plenty of them available in Japan. I wish more of them would make their way into the western market.

Wow I had no idea that Hourglass wasn’t a watered down B-game. Guess I’ll have to pick it up.

If what you guys say is true about the good story, i’ll pick it up. The last game i played with a good story line was Noucturnal illusions. That game was a mystery. You had to solve things on your own and figure it out. That game was so good. I cared nothing for the sex. When i got it that’s what i wanted. That was just…WOW. Everyone had a story or problem that you had to solve and fix. The best story i have ever heard. They should make another. I was sad that it ended. I was so into it. The “stuff” were just bonuses compared to this game. The best Storyline i’ve heard from a game like this.

quote:
Originally posted by Master X:
They should make another. I was sad that it ended. I was so into it. The "stuff" were just bonuses compared to this game. The best Storyline i've heard from a game like this.

You ought to give "Divi-Dead" and "EVE Burst Error" a try if you felt this way about the story in Nocturnal Illusion.

[deleted]

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 05-11-2005).]

I’m all into that. DIVI-DEAD and EVE BURST ERROR are really great, story-focused games. And don’t forget PHANTOM OF INFERNO, too. Even being an “watered down ero B-game” itself, still is one of the best story-focused bgames i played, in my opinion.

I was casting around trying to find the images for the H version of the game. Anyone know?

(The Hirameki guys were so surprised to hear that this game, and also Tea Society of a Witch, were H)

If you like good stories, as was suggested Divi-Dead is good. There are actually a lot of games out there that focus more on story, such as Ever 17.(Great story)

Actually hourglass of summer was originally released on the PS2 by princess soft which is the version that hirameki released and the H version was released on the PC 6 months after the original by berries.

And both of you are replying to a long-dead thread necromanced by the Horned Master. Let’s not overrun his post, mmk? He has a specific question.

Peter, no, I haven’t got the images – one of the more Japanese-scene conversant would be better than I.

Wow, go me for not even looking at dates! Thanks for the ass smack on that one.

There’s one image on the getchu page, and a few cropped samples on the Berries homepage.

Avoid the H version AT ALL COSTS, unless you want you ears to BLEED!

I’m playing it now and… I think the main character is so stupid I’d want to cry.
I wonder how he will manage to save Kaho since he doesn’t seem to have a brain.

But this fact pu apart, it’s a good game :slight_smile:
I don’t think the H-scenes are necessary so I’ll survive.

Note for the future : never buy again an “interactive dvd”.
I’m in the zone 2, so I have to play on my computer and it lags a little.