How long to deliver Bishoujo Games?

Greetings,

Sorry to bother you all again with another pesky question but I am going to order some Bishoujo games. However, since I’m in Britain and would have to use the international option instead, just how long would it take to get the game delivered, well, from your experiances? A week, two weeks, a month? I hope not too long and does any pre order site offer Bishoujo games to be delivered quicker?

Thanks.

this is a rough figure but it’s a good reference

surface/boat: 1-2 months
SAL: depend on where you live in britian, if you are in london it will be almost the same as airmail
airmail: a week to 10 days
ems: 3 days is their so-called guarantee

but this doesnt take into account (unlucky) customs checks and inspections

Customs has so far not hassled me about anime and b-games - but they are one reason I never make big orders at a time, because having to pay VAT and retrieve my parcels from the office is a pain. I get stuff in about a week.

I HATE customs VAT! It is SUCH a pain being a Dollfie fanatic in England. They’re much more trouble to ship in than games.

Thanks for the help regarding this. I was planning on buying a couple for Christmas but of course, I want to get them pretty quick so yeah, I think Air Mail is the way to go. Can you select which delivery you want, say ship, air, etc? I know alot of sites don’t tend to offer the choice…

Also, Pappilion, how much VAT do you tend to pay in regards to Bishoujo games? I hope it isn’t too expensive…

That’s what I was saying, I generally only buy one game at a time, so it comes in under the limit and I don’t have to pay VAT. I don’t think I’ve ever had to pay it on a game order.

When buying ridiculously expensive decorative armor for ball-jointed dolls from Japan, though, you can’t manage to get under the limit. Stupid VAT.

[This message has been edited by papillon (edited 09-30-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by Ksim3000:
Thanks for the help regarding this. I was planning on buying a couple for Christmas but of course, I want to get them pretty quick so yeah, I think Air Mail is the way to go. Can you select which delivery you want, say ship, air, etc? I know alot of sites don't tend to offer the choice........

Also, Pappilion, how much VAT do you tend to pay in regards to Bishoujo games? I hope it isn't too expensive........

You may want to refer to the Being in the UK! discussion (and there are several more like it). There are online retailers based in the UK that carry b-games. Archonia carries virtually every game available in the US, and their prices already include VAT. Select the Adult Content option when browsing their catalog.

Thanks for link there Perigee, I appreciate it! Well, I might try Archonia…it probably might be a little bit more cheaper than ordering from JastUSA although Peach Princess and JastUSA seem to be quite good stores.

Also, thanks for your help, Papillion. Sorry to pester you again but I have one more question regarding the VAT. When you say you only buy one game at a time, which, due to the price sometimes, come under the VAT, is it possible to buy say one Bishoujo game, pay for that, etc, then order another one seprately afterwards? Or would ordering one per day avoid that, providing it’s under ¬£50 or ¬£60? I’m quite new at ordering Bishoujo games, I’ve only played the old stuff so I’d like to get into the new indeed.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it too.

Archonia is Belgium-based. If you order something from within the European Union, VAT is pre-paid.

I’ve ordered things from the UK before, several times. It usually takes 5 days to a week. My last order was a record 4 days. This is of course assuming that it takes the same time for something to get from Belgium to the UK.

[This message has been edited by Benoit (edited 10-01-2005).]

Thankyou, Benoit, I appreciate you telling me. Archonia it shall be then although I might be able to get Casual Romance Club cheaper from JastUsa…Archonia are pretty expensive but nevermind.