I have a question about installation and the "sunset" clause

The patch for Princess Waltz is out, but it did take more than a year before it was released. Demonbane was just released, so it will not be receiving the patch for some time.

As for installing to a flash drive … I have no idea where the game stores its savedata. I tried to move the savedata from my desktop to my laptop so I could play at ACen. I couldn’t find it. So I ended up just using text skip. Also, the game does make some registry changes; so I doubt very much even if you did install to a flash drive that it would work on any computer it hadn’t been installed to.

The whole purpose of DRM is to stop:

1. Multiple installations, or too many installations, with the same license key
  2. People from using the same installation on multiple machines, because that would be a workaround for the DRM.

So I very much doubt you’ll succeed while the DRM is intact.

Go to http://support.g-collections.com/, type in your activation code, then download the DRM-free EXE.

JAST, G-Collections, and Peach Princess titles that don’t prompt you for a target path typically install themselves to the Application Data folder. You’ll usually find your save data as a single .sav file in a sub-directory of that folder unless it uses a specialized engine.

On Windows XP, this folder is [Windows Drive]:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\Application Data\. On Windows 7, I think it’s [Windows Drive]:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\. If you want to do a brute force search, just look for *.sav in Windows Search and you’ll find it eventually.

I haven’t started my run through Demonbane yet; the above is based on my experience with Family Project and Cosplay Fetish Academy. Feel free to correct me if the Demonbane engine works differently.

Ah, thanks. I am not sure, but it appears Demonbane creates a subfolder for each save in this directory. None of the files have the .sav extension. This is probably why I couldn’t find them earlier.

Just a note on the save file for Princess Waltz.

-Import Save will only allow you to skip the 1st part of the game
(For some reason it won’t recognize the save data for the 2nd half of the game, which isn’t a big deal because there’s only one section that determines the scenes you get.