I want discussion!

I still haven’t got a response from papillon to see if I can beta test the game. I wanna try it!

well, the people who wrote me like I asked got their testing setups long ago… how was I to know they weren’t you? If you did email me and didn’t hear back, it probably didn’t go through.

Anyway, I don’t need anything else at this moment, other than cheerleading/buzz - which is why I made the avatar maker mentioned elsethread. see http://www.hanakogames.com/avatar/ to play with it (then SAVE the result, don’t link to it directly)

I have high hopes for this project, but the full press machine won’t be running until further developments Elsewhere…

I actually don’t know your e-mail address. That and I don’t see it in your profile. Were you supposed to e-mail first or something? Anyways I’m still curious and I can devote severeal hours playing the game. That and I’m quite anal and notice tons of glares and glitches. I can also tell you what’s unbalanced and balanced and whatever.

So when does this magic project come out? And will it beat Princess Maker 2?

First page of the thread:

(Foo, multiple quotes don’t seem to work well…)

quote:

I can't give any release dates because some plans will depend on external forces - some of which should become obvious shortly, I hope. I did update the webpage for it today with a bit more detail, though.

The game is not completely finished, but as some people here can vouch, is very much in a playable-beta state, enough to suck hours and hours of your life away... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Does it beat PM2? Depends on why you play PM2.

[This message has been edited by papillon (edited 09-17-2005).]

oh ok.

Kawaiibum@hotpop.com

I usually use that one for stuff like this. Is there any special heading I should look for?

Yes, I can say papillion has a real nice game coming along with Kishi-Kawaii. Great breadth of things you can do and in fact what can be a much more interactive story than was in PM2.

Similar structure to PM2 but rather than being a father molding his daughter you are the girl herself making her way in the world. Goes from ages 18-21 rather than the 10-18 of PM2.

I am enjoying the title and love how it is coming along. Very stable and lots of hints to help along the way.

Smoo, your e-mail is unsafe when posted that way. It might be picked up by SPAM bots.

Edit it as something AT something DOT com.

I know man. The e-mail is already spammed pretty badly. That isn’t my REAL e-mail address though. I use that to get offers and stuff.

I tried the game. NICE! It ends too soon though. Plus I get a weird error. You have to do it in sequence though. I notice that if you press gallary first then options then new game you get a error. But if you just start the game no error comes up. Weird.

Music also seems to cut off when working in the store. Strange that it only cuts off in teh store but no other place. But from the 30-40 minutes I played that’s all the errors I encountered. Pretty solid so far.

Don’t post details here! Do you see PP’s beta-testers posting details of the bugs they find while they work here?

Of course it ends quickly, you only have access so far to the amount of time that will eventually be used for the demo version…

Alright. I already reported some errors. If you don’t do much it’s surprisingly stable.

I like it though. Will it be finished by December? This could be a nice game to play on the airplane trip.

You know, I’m getting to really hate DVD games. Is there any good titles under the DVD games? Anything that isn’t a real irritant with shooting up big chunks of text for only 3 to 6 seconds? Some of us like to be able to read more then 8 words of the text before it shoots off to the next block. Ishika & Honori is particularly bad about this, but there are other games I’ve played that have been guilty.

Why don’t they just set it so you hit the > or Enter for a “next screen” prompt like normal PC B-Games?

That’s strange. To me the text moves just a little slow. But to be honest it ranges from DVD player to dvd player. For best success try your pc with dvd rom equipped.

Well, that was one of the three players I tried.

It would be fine if there was a Back - Forward option on it. Then I could play back the big chunks that go by too quickly. But nope. Oh well.

Well, not every game can be a super-steller hit.

Does anyone like all of Figures of Happiness art styles? It has 3 distinct art styles in it, and 2 of them just turn my stomach. Super-deformed heads where the forehead is 3 times too big, and small eyes down where the mouth should be does not make me go “Oh! Cute!” Rather, it makes me go “UGH! ALIENS WANT TO CHEW OUR BRAINS OUT! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!”.

The third style is classic Big Eyed, Cute B-Gal anime. Amazingly, without those superheroine chests (just normal curves). Of course, those faces/heads don’t go on the bodies during the racy scenes, as the bods are so super airbrushed, but the heads are such sharp clean clear lines and coloring. Graphically, maks this a very poor look to the game. It is very jarring to go between the three styles (Uber Big Forehead Alien Eyes, Extra Ugly Big Forehead SMALL Anime Eyes, Normal B-Gal faces).

And the story really bites. The hero is a worse waffler then the artwork. As is the plot and storylines.

I suppose I should just put it on fast forward, and finish it out super quick.

Humm— Thinking about it, I find FoH is a definately 1 out of 10 game. It gets the 1 rating for a few really nice pictures. But with all the other confused art styles, that’s all it gets. And there is nothing else to recommend the title. If the artwork was consistant, it would be worth wandering through the super waffling plot/story to collect the picks, but as most such ugly works… ugh!

I liked the art. Never ‘loved’ - there was never really any picture I could pick out and say “THAT’S GORGEOUS!” but liked. Partially because it did tend to look different from some of the too-samey stuff we get a lot of. And the girls tended to be sort of sweet. The guy was a bit dumb, but I’m a girl, I think all guys are a bit dumb.

My main complaint about FoH, as I’ve made before, is the eyerolling sex scenes. Not that h-games usually have really great sex writing, but I found them extra embarassing in this version. Especially with the sqelching noises.

OMG I got a ending in Kishi Kawaii. A homeless ending O_o

quote:
Originally posted by God of Pain:
Pls people don't you have anything to say?

quote:
Originally posted by nornic:
bump

[img]http://www.aumania.it/gif/casket.gif[/img]

Wow [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img], if this it's Necromancy Day, I also will give my contribution!
Ciao [img]http://www.aumania.it/gif/finger.gif[/img] , fellow necromancers [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]!