iDOLM@STER has come to the West at long last

Random channel surfing on YouTube, made me run into old voice samples for Koume Shirasaka:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaZRbFQV–w

Mayu hasn’t been released yet unfortunately, and it will be her VA’s first yandere role, so no idea what she’ll be like… Played Sakura from Tsubasa Chronicle though…

Mayu’s image song is called, Everyday Dream

Koume’s image song is called, Chisana Koi no Misshitsu Jiken

Oh… and the other three idols got their CD covers teasers too… but who cares about them? They’re not true love or horror fetish. :stuck_out_tongue:

The girl in the first pic looks mindbroken.

She got that look after first seeing the Producer. Mayu was previously a photo model, but saw the Producer when he was promoting idols at the same studio. She immediately quit her job and sought to be his best idol.

I’m rather interested in these two girls, not just because they’re among my faves of the Cinderella Girls, but for their music style. Ranko already did a Fairy Yui/Yosei Teikoku style song, so I’m wondering if Koume will be the same or even more gothic. And of course Mayu’s song will certainly be amusing, given her outlook on romance – then there’s gonna be that drama track… though somehow I doubt it will be as delicious as I’m hoping. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you have a Nico Nico account, a teaser of Koume Shirasaka song has been leaked:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm22058008

I’m happily impressed. It’s got the “haunting goth” refrains I was expecting, but then injects the “kawaii saccharine” in equal amounts. Makes sense, being that she’s part nightmare fuel and part pure innocence. This is exactly the image song I wanted for her. 8) They’ve got my $10 for this CD.

Now to wait and see if Mayu’s will be as delicious. :twisted:

For those of you who don’t have a Nico Nico account, Namco has the official teaser for Koume’s song posted on their servers:

http://link.brightcove.co.jp/services/p … 0345559002

Still no yandere yet…

A sample of the yandere’s song has been officially posted:

http://link.brightcove.co.jp/services/p … 4103828002

It’s her -dere side singing. Has an upbeat and catchy tune. I suppose her yan- side will be on the drama track. On the bright side, we now know what her voice sounds like.

For those with a site account, there’s a slightly longer sample of the yandere’s song on Nico Nico:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm22156924

It would also appear she just got new cards in the Cinderella Girls game. The best part about these new cards? They have VOICE TRACKS!!! If you have a Nico Nico account, listen to that obsession… that true loyalty:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22160439

Namco-Bandai knows true love when they see it. Just look into those eyes… :twisted:

Ah yes… two more things!

Here’s the trailer to the new Idolmaster game that’s coming out on PS3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMQX0Qi3a38

It’s worth noting the game is NOT iM@S3 (it’s still part of the 2nd Vision setting), and actually a continuation of the story from iM@S2.

The real iM@S3 is probably the PS4 title… and the console version of Cinderella Girls is likely to be that “non-Sony” game they hinted on at the TGS.

Anyways, the big question about that teaser: is it a pre-rendered movie or actual game footage. The reason? If it’s actual game footage, then perhaps the engine can at last render all 13 idols on stage at the same time (the limit has always been five). Doubtful that’s the case… but we can always hope.

Last but not least, the upcoming iM@S movie has seven new idols in it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-L-33EdHsw

They appear at 0:15 in the video.

I’m thinking this a major mistake. There’s already 13 girls in the main series, and 2 hours isn’t enough to showcase them all… then they wanna add 7 more!? Yea, yea… I get it that Namco wants the original girls to be veteran senpai idols… but that’s what Cinderella Girls was about. :expressionless:

Ah well… that just means 7 more corpses Mayu will have to dispose of. :stuck_out_tongue:

Season 2 for Puchim@s! will start in April 2014. They’re gonna rerun Season 1 starting in January.

The new Image Song Drama CD’s for Cinderella Girls have been out for almost a week. Me love the loligoth and yandere. 8)

My adorable little Koume got new game cards. Do want… but don’t wanna microtransaction for them. :frowning:

Namco Bandai [i]really needs[/i] to let her and Ranko do a cover of Yosei Teikoku songs. Would make fans Hnng Over 9000.

According to Japanese Music Charts from last week:

• Mayu CD was 8th place
  • Koume CD was 10th place
  • Anastasia CD was 11th place
  • Chieri CD was 13th place
  • Aiko CD was 15th place

The fact that the yandere beat the communist so much, makes me wonder how the Russian rated higher in the 2013 popularity poll.

Now that this set is out, wild mass guessing for the next batch (early 2014) is going on. Going by the 2013 poll results, Nao Kamiya (11th place idol that’s 100% tsundere) and Syoko Hoshi (12th place idol with a split personality) are guaranteed. I’m not a fan of Nao, but I’d love to see what Syoko gets (probably hardcore Death Metal that will make you GO TO HELL!!!). I’d also love to see Nono Morikubo (30th place idol who’s afraid of everything), but she scored too low to expect it to happen. Maybe the late 2014 batch if she rates higher in the upcoming 2014 poll.

For anyone wondering about those old poll results, here they are. The top ten idols already have their image songs now, so I’ll just put the 11 - 50 screenshot:

Oh Namco Bandai… you motherfucking tease…

Why create a fully animated Cinderella Girls commercial for a live stage production?

Do you know how many of us fanboys had a doki-doki moment, thinking a real anime season (or the intro to a console game) was being hinted at, only to tear our beating otaku hearts out and dash it on the ground?

It’s beautiful though. So very beautiful. Liked the idea of them being in a music academy ran by the Producer - lets all 180+ girls be in the same location.

Cinderella Girls… must have moar Cinderella Girls. Stop teasing and give us the full course.

Other news, the sixth batch of Cinderella Girls getting their Image Songs in 2014 has been unofficially hinted (they’re the only girls in that anime tease that don’t have one yet):

• Karen Houjou: the sick girl with an incurable disease
  • Momoka Sakurai: the rich loli
  • Nao Kamiya: the tsundere
  • Nina Ichihara: the youngest loli (she’s only 9)
  • Syoko Hoshi: the split personality girl with a shroom fetish

2013 poll guestimates were correct. Gonna be a looooong four months waiting for their VA selection and CD release.

I think for each batch set, Namco Bandai releases two or three of the girls that rate highest on the fan polls, and then the remainder are chosen by their internal staff. I say that, because the loli’s were #32 and #39… they shouldn’t be getting a release yet by the numbers. At least we got #11 and #12 though.

Apparently Namco-Bandai is upset with “unofficial” media outlets showing the teaser… despite the fact it was a free public stream on the “official” ones. :roll:

Updated Link

Hard to find one of the Japanese streams that don’t block Western IP’s. :expressionless:

Man, the west is not kind to the fans of this franchise:

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2013/12/1 … edit-card/

Though come to think it, it has been a few days since Narg posted. Could i be… :mrgreen:

lol… it’s not me. :stuck_out_tongue:

As much as I believe in the stupidity of the average American, I don’t think the story is truthful. Customized credit cards are well known in the US… and even if that wasn’t the case, Disney has done the toon thing. More over if your credit card fails at the register, all the cashier does is give back the card and ask for another or a different form of payment. People having their card fail due to over credit, being expired, or not being able to connect to the authorizing bank is an everyday thing. Photo ID and checking the name on the credit card is the only form of confirmation they do. Also few stores hold a failed credit card, because it causes a confrontation and is embarrassing to the customer (who might be in financial problems). The only thing they keep is counterfeit money… and sometimes they don’t all do that (depends on the cashier). Also cops aren’t interested in jailing a person because of a flaky credit card, unless his name pops up on a credit card scam list or something. Again: a credit card bombing at the register is an everyday event.

Either the Japanese guy made a scene, which would give cause for them to call the cops, or he’s lying.

I just don’t see someone at WalMart or JCPenny giving a rats ass about what’s on someone’s card, so long as it works… money is money, and once the transaction successfully happens, the cashier is in the clear. Whatever occurs afterwards (i.e. customer cancels the payment or the bank makes a recall) is irrelevant to the cashier and won’t get them fired. Plus it’s the 21st century… Americans make the racist stereotype that Japanese people are freaky anime (i.e. hentai) crazies, and this would only cement it in their mind. So an anime credit card from a male Japanese tourist? Wouldn’t ring any alarms.

Unless I see more proof, like a police or news report, I’m calling bullshit on the guy.

EDIT
Speaking of Disney… the Cinderella Girl’s Live Concert will be taking place in Tokyo Disney on April 5 and April 6.
No… the Mouse has not bought out Namco Bandai. :stuck_out_tongue:
Hopefully around that time, they’ll be making an announcement for the long awaited Cinderella Girl console game… or maybe an anime!

EDIT 2
With Hoshi Syoko set to get her image song, I’m with the group of fans who think Asami Sanada (who did Sawako from K-On) should be her VA. She’d fit the role of Syoko’s split personality, has proven she can sing, and Sawako shares the same music interest as Syoko. Can’t wait to hear said Death Metal song… [color=red]GO TO HELL!!![/color]

Yep. People will lie about the strangest things for the stupidest reason or no reason.

Getting arrested “for having a cute credit card” is humiliating. But it’s a lot less humiliating than (say) getting arrested because when your card was declined, you flew into a rage and threatened the clerk (who called the cops, but later took pity on you and declined to press charges).

Not saying that’s what happened. I couldn’t say that, I got no proof :slight_smile: But it’s more plausible to me than what’s in the actual article.

Namco Bandai just announced a game that’s… well… sorta like a Voice Actor version of The iDOLM@STER. Basically you’re the Producer of an aspiring VA and seek to make them famous.

Casting Voice

Unlike the iM@S however, it features male [u]and[/u] female characters. Supposedly will have a cast of 40 and is slated for PS3 next year.

Not sure what to think of this really… I think they’re going a bit overboard of the cashcowing as of late. So long as it doesn’t interfere with Cinderella Girls, I suppose I don’t care though. On the plus side, having male characters might rope in female and/or homosexual customers, and expanding the market base is always a good thing.

A new Cinderella Girl just introduced a few days ago, whose been getting a lot of attention. As it says on the card, she is Kurumi Ohnuma. The reason she’s been flying up the popularity charts in mere hours, is because of her chest. You see, she’s only 13 years old and those puppies are huge… but there’s more to it than that. Her official three sizes are unknown (only Anzu Futuba held that distinction before), and Shizuku Oikawa was supposed to be the idol with the largest bust (105 cm). Lastly, someone noticed that when searching idols by their bust size, Kurumi is listed in the 70 cm to 72 cm range. Assuming this isn’t a bug… she’s flatter than Chihaya. That means she’s stuffed her chest or wearing a fake bra. Thus the moe craze for her.

Her only other major personality trait for now, is that she cries a lot…

A Japanese fan made this MIDI tune that features all the Cinderella Girls songs one after another… it’s 15 minutes long. :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TG2grKiNM8

Insane to believe in a mere 2 years the Producer has gotten 200 ladies to be idols.

Here’s to 2014 being even more successful! Only 30 of the girls have Image Songs so far. I’m hoping that one day all 200 will get theirs.

You can do it Producer-san!!! :o

Well I’ll be damned… Namco-Bandai finally hired someone fluent in English for iM@S advertisements:

http://www.idolmaster-anime.jp

At the bottom of that image with all the idols standing together are a few lines of English. Usually those statements are Google Translator Engrish, but this time it’s genuine stuff – correct punctuation and all. :shock:

10 more days until the movie!!! 8)

Oh… and look… Casting Voice has Azusa in it:

http://cv.bngames.net/character/tojo_kumiko.php

Of course she’s not a MILF version of her. She’s only 19 years old. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: