iDOLM@STER on PSP

Proof there is no God:

My inside contact for Namco told me that We Cheer was developed as a simplistic “American” version of iDOLM@STER to market towards teen girl gamers (which I always assumed). It wasn’t meant to substitute iDOLM@STER for the West… just something created to experiment.

Consider that Namco spend thousands on thousands for that piece of trash (licensing tons of music on top of that). Suckage.

As always, I asked if iDOLM@STER has a snowball chance in Hell to Western shores, and he told me he’s trying… but it’s not easy with powers in charge (for both sides of the ocean; not just Namco’s US branch). ESPECIALLY since We Cheer is a financial failure. Not the same game by far, but considered too niche a market. :roll:

Yea. They belong to me and ONLY me! :twisted: :stuck_out_tongue:

Too bad, but after I finished their story-mode today, they seem to be quite attached to me!

At least they very strongly opposed that I would become next the producer for their otherwise highly appreciated hime-chin (=Takane) but rather claimed me for continuing their own career!

So, I guess your best shot should be start working at 961, drag them over there - and get them for yourself with the methods that are more typical for that company! :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh for god’s sake… why does this always happen? :evil:

They did this for the localization of Princess on Ice too.

Japanese cover of Princess on Ice:

American cover of Princess on Ice (beaten over the head with an ugly stick):

Japanese screenshots of Princess on Ice:

American screenshots of Princess on Ice (crissakes, they have the same facial features, just different skin color and hairdo):

Jesus-fucking-Christ… what the hell have they done? :shock:

Nightmare scenario? The revival of 80’s cartoons into live action movies happens to Jem and the Holograms.

iDOLM@STER is reimaged to be a game release for it.

Otaku across North America and Europe lament?

I guess, that scenario stems from what happened to “Princess on Ice”?

Well, if it actually should happen, then I suppose a japanese market research must have returned the result: “In order to sell a here successful product in the remaining world: make it ugly!” :roll: :cry: :evil:

Wow. In what world do the new uglystick character designs represent an improvement?

ACK!

YOu know what they say…once you see it, YOU CAN’T UNSEE IT!!!

Quite true. I don’t know how anyone could possibly think that the style used in the adaptations looks good.

Believe it! :stuck_out_tongue: :twisted: :lol:

The yaoi fanboy in me is going wild…

…off topic, but when’s ‘eroge review’ going to get a yaoi title review? :slight_smile:

Back on topic now…i got a Japanese Xbox 360 + Idolm@ster + Idolm@ster L4U limited edition.
I’ll probably do Miki first…
Then either Ami/Mami or Yukiho
If i find Miki to hard i’ll change to Haruka though.

My eyes! MY EYES! :shock:

I have no idea how much your games differ from the PSP-version, but if they work exactly the same then…
… none of the girls can be too difficult at all!

You just may get a worse producer-ranking, but the game gives you every time you fail advancing to the next idol level within the time-limit another chance! So you never really can loose - except if you decide to turn down that next chance and give up!

Up to week 20 with Haruka.
It’s definitely a lot harder.

You can’t do 2 lessons a day like in the PSP version, and lessons are limited to ‘rounds’ instead of a time limited. So your lucky if you reach Good.

Auditions are harder, specially getting ‘Good Appeals’. I miss ‘9:02pm’ on the PSP version where I can ‘Good Appeal’ the entire song.

I love the clothes :slight_smile:

I’v yet to see ‘Dark Haruka’…

I hate waiting 2 minutes before each Audition. ( After you sign up for an Audition, you need to wait 2 minutes as the other spaces slowly fill in with other Computer-Players )

I’v also noticed an error with the clothes + Dances. Sometimes hair or other body parts go through the clothes, and other times they don’t. Sometimes it happens during the same song ( noticed it today with the horse head, first time Haruka’s hair didn’t go through it, the second time it did )

I gave Miki a try before Haruka and she was…hard.
Keeping her tension up wasn’t easy.

It’ll get easier once I get the hang of it, but for now it’s slightly harder.

Anyone tried The Idolm@ster: Dearly Stars for the DS?

On a side note: NEVER tell a group of iDOL’s - who lived for nothing but to be idols - they’ve been fired and will never work in the business again. It might get ugly. :twisted: