Idols Galore quickie reviewie

Ok since Vagabond is being a vagabond and not giving us a review, I guess it’s up to me to poke fun at you all for not having the game yet

Please note that I was only able to play the game for a half hour or so since I just got it last night and watching MNF and baseball ate up most of my night.

Basic story-
You(sorry forgot his name) are fixer. You fix business that are in trouble and brings them back to profitibilty. Course most of your clients are underworld figures that have somehow gotten these businesses Anyway this time your task is a little different as the business is already going great, you have to keep the talent(actually the top 2 idols) from bolting the company with their manager. I have to say the person who gives you this job is hot

Graphics-
The character designs are very good. All the women are pretty to look at unlike some games I have. Plus all the women have ample bosoms so be forwarned breast haters There doesn’t seem to be a loli in this game so all you loliphobic people are safe

Sound-
Pretty much standard fare. All the womens voices are voiced so far. Didn’t really pay attention to the music since I don’t play these games for the music usually

Gameplay-
The menu controls are pretty much your standard g-coll menu controls. There’s no hint system so you will have to use your bishoujo player skills to pass the game, that or post in our help forum
Like I said I was only able to play for about 30 minutes so I only got the ther first couple of decisions branches. But the decisions so far are what type of events you want the idols to do, instead of the which girl I wanna get.

Personally obeservation-
Ok I really haven’t played this game enough yet but I’m not sure if this game will have dark elements in it or not. While there seems to be hints all over of dark elements (not to mention your character is a major horndog) like mention of the underworld and how you will do anything necessary to complete your job, there are alot of light elements in the game mainly kyoka kicking your ass for being a pervert So I’m not really sure where this story is going, but my hunch is that this game is more light than dark as the colors and music(what little I’ve heard) are generaly light and happy.

Anyway I’m sick of writing this now so… HAHAHAHAH I have my game and you don’t!!!

Wanfu signing off

The problem with me posting a review is that after a few weeks of proofing a game, I’m horribly naseauted at the thought of playing the game again.

Also, my paycheck comes from the successful sales of the games. Try to imagine how unbiased my reviews will be.

quote:
Originally posted by Vaga42Bond:
Also, my paycheck comes from the successful sales of the games. Try to imagine how unbiased my reviews will be.

Do you mean that literally, as in your pay is pegged to the amount of sales G-C makes in a month?

quote:
Originally posted by NeMiSiS:
Do you mean that literally, as in your pay is pegged to the amount of sales G-C makes in a month?

No, it's not pegged. But I figured the better the sales, the more likely I'll get a raise/promotion/a harem of sexy, scantily clad, and oddly colored haired women to feed me grapes and fan me while I proofread. (Yah for the secret harem levels!)

Hey I want a harem of scantily clad women too, ok I’ll write a great review if I get to share your harem

quote:
Originally posted by Vaga42Bond:
No, it's not pegged. But I figured the better the sales, the more likely I'll get a raise/promotion/a harem of sexy, scantily clad, and oddly colored haired women to feed me grapes and fan me while I proofread. (Yah for the secret harem levels!)

Must be some benefits you got there. Why doesn't my job come with those?

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 09-30-2004).]

I am interested in this game and was just wondering about the lack of discussion for such a recent release. Any more reviews, insights, opinions? Thanks in advance for any input.

Gambit also has a thread here about the game. But it’s alot like slave pagent in that it starts out looking like a dark game but ends up being pretty happy happy joy joy

Pretty good quickie review. Just started playing Idols Galore, I think I’ve only made 1 decision so far, and I can’t help but cover my mouth and laugh. I don’t know if the game is THAT funny, or I’m still riding the euphoria I got from ALCS game 7 or because I’ve had too much sugar in my diet today. Anyway…it’s a great game so far…lol

quote:
Originally posted by keller:
I am interested in this game and was just wondering about the lack of discussion for such a recent release. Any more reviews, insights, opinions? Thanks in advance for any input.

No wonder,the star of this month is surely not Idols Galore but V-Mate [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Yeah aside from the 1 section of forced sex everything is consential and pretty much light and fluffy.