If an ultra dark ero was censored

As long as they put out what was changed ahead of time I wouldn’t have much of a problem. MDB, GSS and the like would doubtless have to be censored, quite a bit potentially, but are so good that they could be considered worth it. Fortunately I don’t have to worry about it anymore as my interest in dark titles has fallen quite a bit, though I’m still far from being on the light side.

Maybe. If the censorship involves removal of scene(s), I will not buy it. I’m ok with mosaic though.

As i think about it more it would be 1>how blocky the mosaics are 2>whether they decided in the original to mosaic stuff like panties which i don’t get.

I’m playing that right now - Lame! I would rather have a little mosaicing than an actual redrawing … but, me, I don’t really like the mosaic thing myself - if I didn’t want sex and nudity I wouldn’t be playing a game with sex and nudity as selling points. When those things aren’t appealing to me I can just click through them, nothing lost but a minute or two of my time.

But Ultra Dark? Probably not. I liked Hitomi, but would not like the things in your spoiler bit there. (but I’d be willing to click past those if I was told the rest of the game was good … and I admit it, I’m a bit of a lolicon so that wouldn’t kill it for me … speaking of which, are there any good english translated games which feature loli [aside from Sagara Family, which I played to death] people would recommend?)

I’m not a big fan of censorship and would probably turn down a game on those terms - again, unless I heard it was otherwise awesome.

There’s Primula from Shuffle!. It’s not a great game, but it’s decent enough to recommend. Suika also appears to have a loli, although I haven’t gotten to her route in the game yet. Kana has a thematic loli (little sister). JAST stays away from games with heavy loli themes for the most part.

If you like rape fest game, Ren Hasumi from Virgin Roster has loli appearance. I think someone said that she is supposed to be fifteen, but I don’t have the reference ready.
Don’t forget there’s also Matsuri from Family Project :wink:

I didn’t much care for Virgin Roster - more for the lack of real story than the rape scenes. (some of which were decent) And I set my sites on Matsuri pretty quickly, though really, I like Chunhua better. (actually, there are enough characters I like in this game that I will probably play it through many times … which I only do about half the time, as I don’t bother with characters I’ve no interest in)

I’m not exactly a fan of DARK eroge per se (like Virgin Roster), but I do like some dark-ish scenes. Basically, if it’s rape where the girls aren’t saying how much they hate you and want you to die, then I like it. (Little My Maid was great :D) Ultra dark rape just disturbs me.
As for the topic question, no, I wouldn’t buy an eroge (or anything for that matter) if it’s censored. Even if it’s stupid censorship like in Family Porject, I would be voting with my money that it’s okay for JAST to censor more games.