If you had to recommend a yaoi title for a non-yaoi eroger.

Messiah is a great title which, despite not subtle on the BL Ero scene field at all, I would recommend (great drama and mostly non of the clichÈ stuff or characters that turned me cautious on the genre altogehter). Veronica (the victorian oppai maid at Koh’s mansion…btw. there’s a Gothloli named Alice included as well) while (at least during the path I took) there’s no sex scene with her as focus per se let’s just say I remember a scene between the two leads which had Veronica joining to tease a little as well…but that’s it. While it obviously isn’t what you seek here to begin with the BL scenes within Messiah are top-notch tasty :oops:
More fluffy cute and utterly clichÈd but fun - BaseSon spice* debut (and sole) project Shinkin-san ~Sweet Sweet honeymoon~ (lots of Ero scenes included along the various paths even for subcharacters) (did a little review about it on my blog a while ago here man do I hate this now with all the images gone >_<) and pekoe/Visual Art’s Bokura wa Minna, Koi wo Suru which marks Hinoue Itaru’s first and sole BL venture is lots of fun whilst not light on Ero either (and features probably the worst score in Visual Novel Soft history).

Hmm I feel sorry for you too. But at least your somewhat willing to even play one (even if you are forced) I know a lot of guys who would have whined and backed out of the deal as soon as they lost. I havent played that many yaoi games (only one) so I can only recommend some based on CG and some research Angels Feather does have twincest and I’ve heard good things about it. Nitro+ Chiral titles look good but I don’t know how much sex they have. Shinkon-san ~Sweet Sweet Honeymoon~ is marked as low sexual content on vndb http://vndb.org/v2844 If it dosen’t need to have sex theres Daylight -Asa ni Hikari no Kan wo- http://vndb.org/v1614 (at least I don’t think it has sex).

Warning: sexist statement
That’s why Narg is more of a man than some of those whimpish males… =P
Just kidding

But I mean, he’s got real guts. Enough to make the world tremble under his glare. Meaning The Narg never backs away, eh? I’m sorry but I’m a bit “crazy” atm… :slight_smile:

I also like men who don’t whine about BL when they’re also the ones who play yuri or h-game with yuri(sexual where often “straight” girls will turn “lesbian” for fun) content. =P Note: I’m not mocking the “straight” person turn “gay/bi” thing since… even certain “literature” aimed at “gays/lesbians” sometimes contain that trope/cliche, too. :lol: It’s convenient, so what the heck! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I don’t know. We do yaoi manga reviews for our site and fortunatly we have someone who does all of them. I would rather not. However, if I was asked to, I would and be impartial. I wouldn’t enjoy it, but I didn’t enjoy some of those sappy shoujo titles I read either, but I read them and gave an appropriate review looking it as best I could from the target audience (and judging from others of that audience generally got those right).

But maybe its because I can divorce myself so much from what I read/view if I need to and view it from an analytical mind.

I really don’t know how they come to such conclusion as Shinkon-san in fact has lots of Ero scenes along the various paths included…especially compared to other works listed with the same tag of “low sexual content” (i.e. AIR or 11eyes) Shinkon-san definitely does not fall into the same category when it comes to 18+ moments. It may take quite a while along the plot to reach that point, but once the naughty stuff begins and especially if one wants to complete all the routes available, the action comes up big times (and this also includes themes like Shotakon, Crossdressing). As mentioned besides the lead protagonists there are paths available for pretty much the whole supporting chara cast (there’s also a real nice boy x girl coupling which develops as sub/side facet along one story path but unfortunately this has not been given proper focus in order to include also Otome Game aspects…) and once completing all those paths you’re unlocking so-called “Otanoshimi?” short scenaries which (as to be expected from the title) include bonus hotness for the various couples (and real hot stuff such as outdoor sex).
So getting back to what I’m trying to say is that Shinkon-san while definitely a worthwile BL Soft, certainly is anything like “low sexual content”.

True I noticed that happens a lot in fiction. It’s usually a bit too convenient :lol:

Wah! Sounds like they definetly came to the wrong conclusion with that one :lol: Sounds interesting but dosen’t sound like something for somebody who dosen’t usually play yaoi eroges.

I have no issue with yaoi per se… just that yaoi isn’t something I can truly say I like. Seeing sexy twin sisters kiss: Narg gets a tingle in his pants. Seeing handsome twin brothers kiss: Narg doesn’t get a tingle in his pants. Not to say I’m disgusted in seeing two men kiss: I just don’t get the same feeling out of it. It’s not my thing… but I’m not going to vomit in disgust or go insane, just because I saw it. Having said that: I know good quality when I see it. Just because I don’t like something, doesn’t mean I can’t respect the beauty of it. I don’t like Lord of the Rings, but recognize it’s one of the most influential books of all time and fully understand why. I just don’t like LotR - hate reading or watching it - because I find it entirely boring. But time honored literature? Sure. You’ll get no argument from me. I accept that it is.

I don’t hate yaoi: I just don’t find it interesting or immediate to my needs. There’s other things I rather be getting… yuri for example. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m willing to play a yaoi game or read a BL manga for experimental purposes… but I’d be forcing myself to make it a habit. Given a choice between buying twincest yaoi and twincest yuri, I’ll always get twincest yuri first. But if someone is willing to give me a twincest yaoi title for free, I won’t throw it away because I’m intolerant. I’m just not drawn to guy-on-guy action, outside of observational reasons.

I will admit however, there are certain “for girls games” that I’ve found enjoyable. I like the Tokimeki Memorial Girl’s Side series, because it’s Tokimeki Memorial. Hell… half the cast is so damn feminine, it’s like they’re only male because the game says they are. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m drawn to the similar game mechanics and comparing story scenarios with the main TokiMemo lineup. I don’t mind role playing as a girl going after the guy, because truth be told, outside of that context there’s no difference: it’s still a guy-girl relationship - only the same girl for different guys. In fact, I’m rather amused at the blatant stereotypes played with the datable males (guys aren’t that shallow for companionship). I’m sure girls get the same kick out of the blatant stereotypes played with datable girls in the other TokiMemo (women aren’t that in need for emotional direction).

I’ve also played the various Harvest Moon for Girls, simply because they’re freaking Harvest Moon (usually improved). Also when a game I like offers the chance to play male or female (Mass Effect, Fable, KotOR) - I’ll play the female side, to see the differences. In fact, my usual strategy is to play Dark Side Male the first run through, then a Light Side Female the second. I also play female characters in MMO’s, just because I’d rather be staring at the ass of a female avatar for hours, than the ass of a male avatar for hours. :lol:

In communist yaoi Russia, tingle gets you!

I’m much the same way, except that I don’t really care much for yuri either. I would pick yuri over yaoi though, for the simple reason that looking at an attractive female form is arousing and looking at an attractive male form isn’t very much for me. However, the fact that two women are doing something together doesn’t elicit any additional excitement.

I too often play the female side of an RPG. In fact, I’ve even done it a few times in a pen and paper RPG. I have a fond memory of making a guy I played D&D with very uncomfortable because I was playing a female character, and my character was hitting on his. :lol:

I’ve played female characters many times, though I’m usually the opposite of Narg, I tend to play Dark Side Females and Brave Light Side Men. I always play at least one female character in MMOs or computer games, in fact I find that most of the best rpers in MMOs are women, but typically unless they think you’re a woman as well they are very suspicious of male gamers. (and yes, some of those women are men, I can usually pick them out, but I have played many women and had women tell me they’d never have known without me informing them … even had one refuse to believe me. [and stop talking to me after I convinced her] Though if a man is playing a woman well enough that it isn’t jarring I don’t bother bringing it to anyone’s attention and if one or two actually managed to trick me, more power to them.) I don’t use the “I like to look at female but while playing” excuse, though - typically I either prefer the way the female characters look (in general) or I think I’d have more fun playing from that perspective.

I have played women in Pen and Paper games, but have found I lack confidence doing so when everyone can tell I’m a guy. Because of this the vast majority of my PCs are male. (though as a GM I usually have at least one female npc central to the story and, being in GM mode, I don’t feel the same kind of uncertainty when portraying them for the game)

I tend to stay away from the yaoi paths in those VNs, because that level of romance with a male character doesn’t appeal to me - however, I did sleep with Zevran in Dragon Age: Origins, so it can occasionally happen. (but Zev was too awesome to turn down)

Harvest Moon for girls games are greatly improved and i wish they would take those improvements and use them in future harvest moon games as well.

But for the other games, those that allow gender choices, the dialogues become more generic and bland because they have to make it easily workable for each gender and they have a finite time to release the game. Game mods sometimes remedy this, but not always.

But i do agree with the MMO aspect.