I'm Gonna Serve You 4 start up problem

I installed I’m Gonna Serve You 4, and the installation went well. But when I try to start up the game, it gives me an error that the program is not responding.

I have Vista Home Premium, on Japanese Locale, and tried to run as administrator. It didnt work.

How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Did you try re-installing it yet? Sounds like it could be a corrupt install or file somewhere

It still doesn’t work. I tried running from the disk but it didnt work either.

Where did you install the file to? sometimes vista is a bitch about running programs if it’s installed onto something other than program files, like the desktop for example.

Wish I could be of more assistance but it sounds like a User account control issue, since that is what has caused that to happen to me before in the past, trying installing it into program files then running with UAC off temporarily to see if that works, otherwise we’ll have to come up with some new ideas

Just a thought but have you tried running that game using english locale since I’m guessing that if it’s the English version then it might be temperamental running in Japanese locale.

Tried both, neither of them worked…If one of the files was corrupted it wouldnt have been able to install it right?

not sure what to suggest at the moment, but sometimes the files can become corrupt after or at some point in the install but the installer doesn’t pick it up, it happens sometimes but I see what you’re saying.

Also sometimes when stuff in vista says not responding, you just have to wait for the program to respond but that doesn’t always work. One time that happened I went away from my computer and when I came back the program was running fine, but honestly it could be a number of things, I just say corrupt install/files because that seems to be a very common cause

Is there a way to fix this, or do I have to get a new copy of the game?

It could also be something messing with a driver or something in the OS, hard to say without actually being able to get on the computer but make sure all your drivers are updated correctly, There should be a way to fix it without having to debug. Try uninstalling it and installing it under another user with admin rights, to see if it is just something conflicting on the username that it is currently freezing on.

I would love to be of more help but the “not responding” is so vague and general at best

I tried installing it on another user, but it didn’t work either. I don’t know what you mean by updating the drives.

Why is this game not working? I dont get it. All other games from AngelSmile work just fine.

Drivers not drives :p, Sometimes if video or audio drivers are not kept up to date it will cause some programs to behave incorrectly. Might not be what is wrong but it is a suggestion~ But if that is the only program that freezes that then I would lean towards the install or a file being corrupted. Did you install it from just a download edition or just the DVD? or tried both?

Also I wouldn’t put it past Microsoft to have some flaws in their operating system or something, since vista is prone to programs freezing, It happens to me occasionally but I know we aren’t the only ones to have similar problems. Hopefully a solution will surface soon, best of luck~

I just thought of something,try right clicking on the shortcut, go to the compatibilty tab, click on “run this program in compatibilty mode for windows xp Service pack 2” and see if that works (leave admin rights on too)

Didn’t work…You know what? Just forget it, if it’s this much of a hassle to get it working then I’ll leave it at that. But if you come up with any solutions, let me know.

Thanks for all your help anyway.

That’s too bad that it didn’t work, not sure what else to try right now. Sorry I couldn’t be of anymore help but it sounds like the gremlins of vista may have won this battle for now. I’ve had friends have this problem on other programs as well, most of what I suggested solved their problems. (but not always)

If it were me I would install it on one of my other computers, and if it doesn’t work on a 2nd computer then it is either a bug with vista(assuming it runs vista) of which there are many, or it would be a faulty/corrupt game file.

Hopefully you come up with something, Wish I could have done more :frowning:

Good luck with your problem~ (I will keep trying to think of ideas either way)

I had this EXACT same issue at least a year ago. Never got resolved, so I dropped it.