I'm gonna serve you?

I’m considering getting this game (It’d be my first), but I’m wondering what you guys thought of it… worth buying or not?

It is very good game. It is fun.

Yep, pretty good game as long as you don’t mind unrealistic stories.

Crescendo and Kana - Little Sister are “better” games storywise, but if you prefer games with more humor and stories that aren’t very deep, this game might be right for you.

Trabulance titles are typically “light” games, they are less serious and more happy-joy than a lot of other ero-games. On the other hand, the storylines are not the kind that would win any awards for literary excellence either.

Ah, but the girls certainly are cute to look at.

Aren’t they all?

Not really. The artwork really varies from title to title. Some character designs are quite unattractive in my opinion. But in most cases, the girls are cute. A lot of it is just up to your own opinion.

Well, I wasn’t counting most ZyX girls. Standard ZyX art is sub-par, in my opinion, and there are a few other Japanese titles where I’ve seen art that’s rather unappealing.

But MOST bishoujo game girls are cute. Wouldn’t be much of a bishoujo game if the girls weren’t bijin, right?

zyx rules dont knock em :stuck_out_tongue:

anyways on to the topic. I’m going to serve you is probably the best english traubulance game out there. Each character has a pretty far out there but good story, and long. You will definately get your moneys worth from it. I enjoyed the game, all teh characters are loveable too.

So let me ask this then (I think the game looks pretty interesting) – this game or Little My Maid? I’m looking for a more traditional dating sim to try for my first one, so which one would probably be my best option?

Little My Maid is everything but traditional dating. So I’m Gonna Serve You is your best bet.

For “traditional dating sim”, I think Casual Romance Club is closer (but maybe a bit bland for a first try?).

For a first try of a light title, Tsukushite Agechau 4 (or I’m Gonna Serve You, as it’s called here) is a decent choice actually. It’s not “too much” of anything, really, so it could be a good starting point.

quote:
Originally posted by smog:
I'm going to serve you is probably the best english traubulance game out there.

Are you sure about the "best" in your sentence?

I enjoyed Kango Shicyauzo (only the first one, not the sequel!) at least as much and actually Nanana's storyline more than every of the storylines in Tsuku4.

... and my favourite Trabulance game (at least among the ones that have been localized to english) is still Tottemo Pheromone.

Second the Tottemo Pheromone as the favorite English Trabulance title, but I’m probably biased since it was one of the first modern ero-games I played, if not THE first one.

I’m not saying it’s better than Tsukushite Agechau 4, but while I played Tottemo Pheromone very early when my “standards” were low, TA4 came at a much later stage. And despite the age difference, it doesn’t offer all that much more than what Tottemo Pheromone does (it’s pretty normal for AVG ero-games to be “same old” though).

A new player probably wouldn’t get the same “been there, done that” feeling, which is why I think it’s a good choice for a first title. Maybe Tottemo Pheromone would be better, but I can’t really make an objective judgement on that.

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 06-01-2005).]

I thikn tottemo p is the worst of their games translated. It really doenst hold a candle story wise, since there really isnt much of anything. I liked im going to serve you becase each character had a ton of story.

Okay, last question before I pull the trigger. Do you do anything besides make decisions on what to say? Like, do you get to choose where you go at a certain time or something? Is there anything besides talking to random people?

Not really, no. Not if you think of it like having a map where you choose different locations. It’s fairly simplistic gameplay-wise; you choose which girl to interact with for the day, and usually during this interaction you have to make a dialogue choice.

The only games that come to mind that have free navigation is Snow Drop and Little My Maid. And Brave Soul, to some extent (has many locations, but very few have story impact).

The main game that comes to mind with changing storyline based on location is Critical Point. It can change drastically based on where you go and what you do (some decisions ends in swift death, though). It’s not map navigation, but you do get to choose where to go sometimes, at least from what I can remember.

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 06-01-2005).]