I'm new to this whole scene

Hello all.

I’m relatively new to this whole bishoujo game scene, so I guess I was just wondering if I could get some recommendations or ideas. I’ve only ever played 2 of these types of games. The first was Dragon Knight III (localized as Knights of Xentar). I loved it, and old-school RPG where you got rewarded for your good deeds. The other one I played was Divi-dead I believe. Someone in my college dorm lent it to me. I liked it enough, I wish there was more gameplay, but the setting was creepy and I liked the whole atmosphere to it. Are there any of the new titles that someone can recommend? Of the ones that I looked at, I am definitely interested in Brave Soul… but it’s not out yet

Tokimeki Check in and Snow Drop both look interesting though. Tokimeki seems to have alot of different girls, and Snow Drop seems relatively romantic. Do either of these games have good stories? Are they the menu driven type of games? Any other similar types of games? Anyway, just wanted to say hi and ask for opinions I guess. Any information would be appreciated!

P.S. I also look forward to Gibo getting released, since I really like busty girls

First of all, a warm welcome to the newbie!

If you are just looking for busty girls, there is no need to wait for GIBO. You’ll find them in most of the other games too.
If you liked the horror/mystery-story of Dividead, you should think of “Nocturnal Illusion” (going to be re-released in the memorial collections of JAST).

quote:
Originally posted by joe_kun:
Snow Drop and Kana are the best in terms of story.

Ooops! Of cause, Kana is an exceptional piece of art. But I think regarding the quality of the stories, there are at least also “Eve Burst Error” and “Chain” remarkable and even better than “Snow Drop”.

quote:
Originally posted by joe_kun:
Tokimeki is a lighthearted romantic game and not much else .

Exactly that’s the reason why I love TCI and Kango: They are a relief if you play the other story-in-deep games.

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 11-20-2002).]

welcome! happy welcoming bounces to you!

you can check out more information on TCI and snow drop on my website (see my profile for the addy)…i also cover Eve: Burst error and Adam: The Double Factor, which are two more really wonderful mystery/creepy games

i would probably recommend Critical Point to you at this point, by the references to your tastes that you made…there are lots of choices, three story paths, plenty of creep factor and large breasts it IS a menu-driven adventure novel, but most bishoujo games available to the english language consumer are, at least at this point…

and you are welcome to join our virtual picket line in support of Slave Bazaar

a dark shadow appears surroned by small shadows appears behind Faust. The Shadow steps int he light, and you can see that it is a person dressed in a black cloak that covers his whole body. The small shadows around hims tep in the light to, and what it sit, if not a horde of small lemons with mounths and, in some cases, fangs Hello, and welcome to the PP webboard! I’m Spectator Beholder, the lemon-tamer of the Goddess! Guys, say hello to him and give him a big hug! all the lemons says “HELLO!” in unison and then rushes forward towards Faust, and a few seconds later, Faust’s body is hardly visible beneath the pile of lemons covering him Ok, guys, that’s enough the lemons gets back up.

As for your questions, that’s hard to say… Brave Soul is absolutely a game you should be looking forward to, but meanwhile, buying Kana or Snow Drop isn’t an all that bad choice either, and the same goes for the idea of buying Tokimeki Check-In, which is, from my point of view, an excellent game, eve if the story can’t really be compared to that of Kana or Snow Drop. Keep in mind, through, that those three games aren’t RPG’s (through it has been said here before that in a way all bishoujo games are RPG), but multi-path, multi-ending games, so don’t except all TOO much .

As for busty girls, there’s usually a busty girl in any bishoujo game. And there’s one in all of PP’s games, or so I think… In TCI, there’s Misato, Keiko and Ayumi, in Snow Drop there’s Keika (and perhaps I should count Kyoka here as well, because of Minoru’s comment on that her breasts are LARGE ).

Oh, and if you like busty girls, there’s absolutely a good idea to join the virtual picket ine of Slave Bazaar, since Slave Bazaar is a game with two REALLY busty girls: Bianca and Cecilia .

Welcome Faust-san. Darn, I hate coming in a little later than everyone, nothing I can see off hand to add to the discussion for recommendations. But enjoy your time here.
And don’t worry, I don’t think the lemons do that to people all that often…

All the games currently available are so-called “adventure games” (the text-with-choices structure). But that doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Any of the following games are good games that I consider to be well worth the cost. I’m just summarizing the strong points in a sentence or two.

Tokimeki Checkin! - multipath game that is quite funny and the girls are well characterized.

Critical Point - large number of paths. Strong storyline with well characterized characters.

Snow Drop - Not the longest game, but it can be difficult to figure things out. Very romantic title with beautiful art.

Kana - I haven’t actually beaten this one yet, but its overriding strength is its storyline.

Chain - A good detective story whose main strength is its length.

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 11-20-2002).]

welcome

Thank you all for the welcome!

I think I will look into TCI and Snow Drop first. The selection of girls in TCI should definitely make it fun to replay. And I’ve gotten more and more into cute romantic stories lately so Snow Drop is in too. Your site was very informative ladyphoenix! I don’t mind the multi-path type of game, I’m just not used to it. I’m sure I’ll grow to appreciate it After that I’ll might look into Critical Point… that seems cool too.

I seem to have been strong-armed into this Slave Bazaar Picket Line. Very well, so be it. Sounds like a rockin’ time.

Oh yeah, Spectator Beholder, I owe you one for that help in the Sahuagin City.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Chain - A good detective story whose main strength is its length.

Wait, since when did "length" become a strength? Last I heard, all "length" managed to do was produce tedium, which is bad.

depends on how good the game is. In the case of chain the length is a good thing as it allows for full development of the story.

I was also looking into X-change… though a bit hesitantly. I like the art style, and the story seems like it would be funny, but I’m not sure I can accept the whole “guy turns into a girl” deal. But I’m undecided on that aspect still. As for game length, I guess its really not the length of the game I’m into, but if it’s an in-depth game (or if it has alot of options/ replayability as TCI seems to). Come to think of it, DiviDead didn’t come across as being too short, I just had to give it back and never got to play through it more than once.

Hello!!!

Welcome to Peach Princess World!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Faust:
I was also looking into X-change... though a bit hesitantly. I like the art style, and the story seems like it would be funny, but I'm not sure I can accept the whole "guy turns into a girl" deal. But I'm undecided on that aspect still.

Eeehm. To be honest, that are not the weakest points of X-Change. However, if you like the artworks, you should look forward for X-Change 2, because this one should be quite better than X-Change and has the same style of artworks (as has also Tokimeki CheckIn! They are both together in an artbook, I bought from PeaPri.)

quote:
Come to think of it, DiviDead didn't come across as being too short, I just had to give it back and never got to play through it more than once.

In that case, there is a good chance you had missed some really good parts of that game. I think, it's impossible to get to the Sachiko-endings in the first try...

i really cannot recommend X-change, faust-san…it is really short, really easy, has no depth whatsoever, and in all honesty, unless you find the aspect of continuous rape really funny, you will be rather disgusted by it…

x-change 2 looks like a much better game however, and i am actually looking forward to it, even though i was rather offended by the first game

[This message has been edited by ladyphoenix (edited 11-21-2002).]

I would recommend as well:

• EVE burst error. Very good detective story; the multi-perspective is good as well.
  • ADAM The Double Factor. Part two of the precedent game.
  • Gloria. A bit old a game, but it has good characters and many many many choices and endings.

• Hmmm. Well I ordered TCI and Snow Drop for now… since animenation is having free shipping. I will hold off on X-change, on your advice. After I’m done with these, I’ll maybe look into Critical Point and EVE (or maybe DiviDead… since it’s been about 2 years since I played that game, and I forget most of it.) Thank you for all you’re help. Hopefully my games will arive next week

quote:
    Originally posted by Jeffrey:
    Wait, since when did "length" become a strength? Last I heard, all "length" managed to do was produce tedium, which is bad.

That is actually one of the ways to tell a good game from a bad game.

If the game is good, at the end you find yourself wanting more of the same.

If the game sucks, at the end you probably find you never want to see it again.

Chain wasx good enough not to fall into the second category, but wasn't quite good enough to pull me into the "I WANT MORE" category myself.

quote:
    Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
    i really cannot recommend X-change, faust-san....it is really short, really easy, has no depth whatsoever, and in all honesty, unless you find the aspect of continuous rape really funny, you will be rather disgusted by it...

x-change 2 looks like a much better game however, and i am actually looking forward to it, even though i was rather offended by the first game

[This message has been edited by ladyphoenix (edited 11-21-2002).]

Couldn't have put it better myself. Longer, maybe. But probably not better. Xchange is the sort of game that, totally unintentionally, left me with a burning desire to go on a murderous rampage through large parts of the game's cast.

quote:
    Originally posted by Nandemonai:
    Couldn't have put it better myself. Longer, maybe. But probably not better. Xchange is the sort of game that, totally unintentionally, left me with a burning desire to go on a murderous rampage through large parts of the game's cast.

Games frequently give me that desire. But most of them are supposed to be like that.

I hope.

hmmm....

quote:
    I will hold off on X-change, on your advice.

*shrughs* X-change is not the worst bishoujo game there is, from my point of view, anyway, but I wouldn't recommend this to be anyone's first bishoujo game, in any case. I'd suggest that you at least wait until x-change 2 gets out, then you coulld buy both X-chnage 1 & 2 at the same time, then just play the first one a couple of time to get the background story of X-change, since X-change 2 starts 2 years after one of the "good" endings you find in X-change 1. Or just buy X-change 2, and if you're curious about the background story or jsut want to support Peach Princess, buy the game later.