Import services in Japan

quote:
Originally posted by Made in DNA:
(...)
If you did not want to start a flamewar, why bother to flame J-List from the very beginning?

"Flame"? Okay, now, just tell me where did I flame JList??!?!

Doujinshi is a really difficult question, and quite different from virtually all other categories of products sold by J-List. To get circles to sell doujinshi to us, we need to finesse the doujinshi artists directly, to court them and get them to work with us directly – taking a list of books someone to Comiket is not something anyone can do, it’s totally unworkable. Just for the record, we go to Comiket to meet with the circles and get them to trust us and let us sell their books outside of Japan. We actually lose money on making the twice-yearly trip to the show.

Whoa, I didn’t come here for a while because I had finals for my summer school yesterday and saw this thread went on like this… I hope my question didn’t cause any problems and sorry that I couldn’t step in to make things clear… I know everyone meant well by answering my question.

quote:
Originally posted by hotsuma:
Whoa, I didn't come here for a while because I had finals for my summer school yesterday and saw this thread went on like this... I hope my question didn't cause any problems and sorry that I couldn't step in to make things clear... I know everyone meant well by answering my question.

Don't worry about it. Sometimes the threads evolve like that.

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Don't worry about it. Sometimes the threads evolve like that.

I know, ekylo, but I never thought one of my thread can evolve like this because I usually write lame or dull topics ^^;

quote:
Originally posted by hotsuma:
I usually write lame or dull topics ^^;

You should know by now:
No topic is lame or dull enough that we can't turn it into a flamewar... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Because Dark_Shiki is not looking anymore , I give you a sample of my Necromantic Power , re-animating this thread for two reasons:

1)

quote:
Originally posted by olf_le_fol:
I’m using Akibado for all of my bishoujo needs (games, magazines, anime and merchandise) and I have no complaint about them.

Me, I’ve a BIG complaint about Akibado, and I want to use this thread, too, for advertising my predicament (heck, I’m a firm believer in the advantages of communication, therefore I’m posting similar Links in various places, not only here and in my last Review).

2)

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Payne:
Hi, we will always be happy to try to get anything that’s not on our site. There is no way to guarantee anything, and if you ask for something that we don’t have distribution for, then it can be quite hard to get. DVDs, manga, and photobooks are quite easy to order through our distributors, but doujinshi are by their very nature a very different animal since they’re out of print the moment they are released for the first time. I think the reason you don’t see companies continuing with their “we will find anything for you” services is that it’s impossible to even attempt to do this, it’s just too difficult to keep it up and running.

In my opinion, December is the worst month for shopping (can you guess why?), and i don’t want to pester J-List with my questions during this critical month, but I’m perplexed.
A search following random indications from an aspiring customer maybe is hard, yes, but where is the difficulty if, for example, I ask: “I want this, and I will pay for all postal expenses + a bonus (20% of the total value?) for your service”?

[This message has been edited by Baldo (edited 12-05-2005).]