Impressions on Water Closet

Anyone who’s seen me talk about Water Closet before already knows that I don’t have that high of hopes for this title. Indeed it, and X-Change but that is one I plan on getting eventually anyway, are the only titles, nay merchandise since I’ve purchased the cards and wall scroll, that I haven’t purchased from our wonderful host Peach Princess.

This isn’t Peach Princess’ fault because they simply want to appeal to every demographic that exists. Well…I went and looked at the downloads and well my opinion has changed a little…but just a little.

The opening movie was a little weird, looking more like a promotional video for a bathroom utilities store than the video for a game. Toilets of all kinds flashing across the screen, then we meet our heroines, or patients depending upon your outlook, and then some more toilets and urinals. Kind of off-setting and really didn’t help my impression much.

Then I listened to two of the onani tracks. Appropriately enough, considering the theme of the game, I listened to tracks # 1 and 2.

Well…jeez perhaps that I can only understand a minute amount of spoken Japanese helped to hamper my “enjoyment” of these…but I still think that wouldn’t have helped considering the sound effects.

All the Gods in Heaven and Earth…most of the sound effects would sound more at home in a horror film than a track about women masturbating and then, presumably, playing with each other. When I heard some of the louder and longer effects I didn’t picture women playing, I saw a group of hungry undead descending upon a pour soul, crushing and tearing their ribcage apart like a brittle eggshell, and then feasting upon the innards. The sound organs make when they’re torn from the abdomen, the membrane holding them together ripping and the wet, vaccumy noise as they’re pulled away from wet inner walls. Gruesome yes…but I really could not associate the sounds I heard with anything else but something as gruesome as what I described. Perhaps it’s just me and my love of horror/gore/splatter but when I hear noises like I did that’s the first thing that came to my mind.

The second track had a sound effect near the end that also reminded me of something in a book I’m currently reading that has some rather unusual examples of alien parasitization. Before one alien arrives a man is sitting on the toilet and the people outside here thick, wet tearing noises like a diarrhetic fart. But I don’t think I’m too far off the mark because I think that’s exactly what that sound represented. Anyway…

Well what changed my opinion you asked? “It’s still sounding pretty negative so far, WraithFox. You baka.” I’m sure you’re thinking and indeed it has been…well what changed my opinion a little was the humor. Yes there is indeed some humor here…though perhaps I missed out on some of the less obvious jokes because I cannot understand Japanese but some of the more blatant jokes and weird-funny things I understood. Like the last few seconds of Track 1 where a little girl/young woman (sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference with their voices) comes in upon the scene and just screams. Track 2 had a brief spanking scene which sounded funny, and at the end some guy knocking on the door and wanting in.

So yes I believe Kumiko-chan when she says there’s humor in this, but is the humor worth going through the rest to see? Well I don’t know. Depends on how well you like humor and what kind of humor you enjoy. I’m beginning to look at this game as a kind of John Waters or Herschell Gordon Lewis does bishoujo game (Probably more John Waters than HGL).

So maybe I will look at WC just to see how much of what Kumiko said is true and how many of my impressions are correct. It’s all experimentation of course. If I don’t like the game I could always sell it on E-Bay.

Your Gore/Horror/Splatter Fiend, WraithFox

well… it’s me…
another guy that doesn’t have thought about buying WC yet… i’d bought all the PeaPri stuff… unless WC… i’m still waiting for something that convince me about buying it…
sorry Miss Kumiko… as i told you before… your points about the humor and the japanese info (also the Dave E’s example) hadn’t persuaded me… you must show me more stuff that proves me that this game truly deserves my money…
(as WraithFox said… i know that you want to show the whole bishoujo genre… but… the next time… why you don’t post first a forum about what kind of game the costumers want instead of releasing them without considering the costumer’s opinion first??)

well Kumiko…
this’s begining to interest me…
but just a question… i still don’t understand what kind of japanese info is offered in a game that has many things related with the WCs?

(hey Kumiko you’re always brainwashing us right? )

Off-color humor? I know the Japanese have a fondness for the bizarre and unusual, catapulting a cannibal killer to stardom is one…but hey we do that here as well, but have you ever heard of John Waters? The man who made films like Pink Flamingos which involved coprophagy, a rich, perverted couple who have a butler that kidnaps lesbians and artificially inseminates them with his own semen. Then there’s the film Desperate Living which features a bull-dyke lesbian named Mole McHenry who gets a penis surgically attatched but when her lover doesn’t like it, off it comes with a pair of scissors on camera. Then there was Multiple Maniacs where the anti-protagonist gets raped with a rosary in a church and later in the film is raped by a giant lobster.

Of course I could also state the very recent film, Freddy Got Fingered. Tom Green masturbates a real horse, on camera, guts a deer carcass, a real one from the looks of it, then parades around wearing its skin. Later he licks the exposed bone protruding from a friend’s compound fracture and at the hospital pulls a baby forcefully from a woman’s womb, swings it around over his head with the umbilical cord, and then severs the cord with his teeth and attatches it to his own belly button. He also has a parapalegic, nymphomaniac rocket scientist girlfriend that likes him to whip her paralyzed legs with a cane before she gives him copious amounts of head. Then there’s the scene where he masturbates an elephant to climax and sprays his father with its semen like some hose.

So…if Kumiko-chan thinks a lot of Japanese comedy wouldn’t have a chance of being shown here she may be right…but not because it’s bizarre of off-color. It would probably only be because it was Japanese.

well Kumiko… congratulations… you’re improving yourself as the hostess everyday… and… i’m actually thinking again in ordering WC… you actually convinced me…
and… that’s usually pretty hard… so… congratulations for your good job as the hostess!!

BTW Kumiko… when Snow Drop be finally released… would you tell us about some other PeaPri’s proyects?

Well, if nothing else… my curiosity will get the better of me. I think I have to agree with Sandalphon. I’ll pick this game up too.

Mike