Information Gathering (Long time members of BBS, please

Yes, I can handle the truth.

…but you know, i cannot handle the horrible truth that you are the part of the nosy media with so many nosy questions, so nope i can’t trust you :stuck_out_tongue:

not to say there’s anything to hide but i honestly i raised my eyebrow when i first read the “why” questions since you are starting to head towards the subjective side and i just dislike people like that who just loves to milk to the last drop, reminding me of the typical nosy tabloid journalist, if not a couple of other annoying members of this bbs who like to dig up old stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

so for the moment, to maintain my personal integrity i refuse to answer any of the subjective questions aka no comment :stuck_out_tongue:

…tell me honestly, did you graduate from journalism? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]
Originally posted by Lamuness - BBS Admin:
[b] >Yes, I can handle the truth.

…but you know, i cannot handle the horrible truth that you are the part of the nosy media with so many nosy questions, so nope i can’t trust you :frowning: My main motivation for AMN Anime is to provide coverage for visual novels because I want the industry to become more well known in NA. I don’t know if I’ve had such an effect from the time the VN section opened up last year, but for the time being, I am going to continue to work on that part of the site. (I also occasionally do manga reviews).

But this is just teasing!!! You can’t ask me if I can handle the truth and then say no, no matter what the answer may be! :mad:

[ 02-08-2007, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

just from the way you ask things? :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait 1 or 2 Days, need get my Cam back first, then i can send you the pick ^^ I found my playing Cards from Kango Shicyauzo too

Thank you!!! I’ll add the playing cards to the list.

Edit: I managed to extract the release date of I’m Gonna Serve You 4 - 11/26/03. Via G-Collections’ old BBS and time machine (Vega’s post)

Edit 2: I managed to extract the release date of Critical Point -Regular Edition- - 4/1/02 (via Kumiko Kamiyama’s newsletters on this BBS).

Edit 3: Water Closet was first available at San Diego Comic Con in 2001 so I managed to get the date for that too.

I’ve updated the list of questions in the first topic.

In terms of release dates, the only title I need is Enzai -Falsely Accused-. Then I will have successfully brought out the release date info for all PP, G-Collections, and Hirameki products.

[ 02-08-2007, 04:30 AM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

I should have access to a scanner tomorrow (plus I have my trusty USB drive as well) so I’ll be all over this one and have the scans up on my personal webspace (for the moment that is) within the next day or so.

ya, bumping this thread again

mockingbird, do you want me to give you an image of xchange’s first (color) cd press?

also something i just came across while cleaning out my stuff, i believe (but cannot 100% confirm) that there are at least 2 variations for snowdrop’s cd press as well, one blue one pink

and upon checking my little my maid’s box, i do have a set of trading cards afterall, although i have no idea if the same cards are given to everyone (or the possibility that some people get some cards while others get others randomly) :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 02-24-2007, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness - BBS Admin ]

Hey, sounds great! Could someone also provide a scan of their non-first pressing cd so I can put it up in the article for comparison purposes?

I find it interesting that there are two variations of the Snow Drop cds. Do you suppose the other early releases, such as TCI! and Water Closet are like that too? What of current ones?

By Little My Maid Box do you mean your Pandora Box? :slight_smile: Out of curuiosity, why were you against releasing it anyways?

because it’s not worth releasing and very impractical

one of our previous employees, whose name i dare not mention :stuck_out_tongue: , kept saying that the game is supposed to be a “sequel” while not knowing what the title is due to his/her/its weak japanese and has actually never played the game…and while by definition it is a sequel, it’s essentially really nothing but a toybox of accessories/omake stuff/bonus material, and there’s not much “game” to it at all, let alone a story. granted, there are a few new images, but most of stuff are literally recycled from the previous game, making it less attractive as a standalone game to begin with

so letsee what does pandora box offer?

• wallpapers: that employee made it publicly available for download in the downloads section
  • drama cd: it has some of the bgms re-arranged and sounded very good (i kinda proposed using the arranged music in the actual game since we decided to can it but gave up on it), and the drama cds is pretty well done and funny too, but how are we going to provide translation for that? (no suggestions please)
  • keychains: well we kinda promised to give those out to preorders for LMM so…
  • screensavers: no idea if those were offered as download before
  • LMM “official” doujinshi: i dunno if those were given out as freebies for preorders
  • LMM mousepads: ditto
  • LMM trading cards: ditto
    (i forgot if those 3 items were actually part of pandora box, but i know the keychains were at the very least)

and the “naked truth”:

• pandora’s box provides a complete gallery of LMM’s cgs, even the adult scenes, and you can view them all without any effort: so that means people wont need to play the game to see the images, and if we release this what’s the fucking point of selling the actual game?

and crippling/disabling some of the functions is not an option

so, with half of what pandora box offers pretty much revealed and given out, and some unfeasible materials, including a gallery that will literally and totally halt the sales of LMM for eternity, is there anything left to this “title” (if we can even call it a title) that is worthwhile at all? i rest my case, your honor :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 02-24-2007, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness - BBS Admin ]

I recall reading shortly after Little my Maid’s release that everyone got the same cards.

By the way, you mentioned the wallpapers twice in the same context.

Yeah, I agree that localizing the drama CD would be hard to do but weren’t the licensing costs already sunk? I think it’s cool though, that PP gave out a majority of the freebies to the fans. That was awfully nice :slight_smile:

I didn’t think that having all the CGs already unlocked would be something that halt sales however. I mean, even if the CGs are already unlocked, you still want to play for the story right? Nonetheless, if you feel it will hurt sales, I have to scrap my plan to provide 100% save files for download. I was going to clear the idea with Peter first, but now, I don’t think I’ll ask him. :frowning:

I did recover all the LMM wallpapers though, as I mentioned earlier. I have to get someone to upload them to the server first though.

Btw, Lamuness, care to comment as to why La Voyeur was scrapped too? Was it basically the same situation as Water Closet?

[ 02-24-2007, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

thanks for the correction benoit; i ended up typing too fast and i actually meant “screensavers” for one of them

i actually dunno if the licencing costs were already sunk at all; i doubt the game was translated in the first place (ie still at a planning stage)

save files, we dont encourage asking for them here; that’s been established for quite a few years already. you really should ask peter yourself regarding this since we dont and cant control what happens outside of here

but keep in mind that from our standpoint selling pandora’s box (which contains a gallery of images from the game) contradicts, in principle, selling the actual game, so it’s a different scenario than yours

no idea why a couple of the other titles were canned since my involvement with the company wasn’t as in-depth as right now; some kinda went to very rough alpha and ended up nothing happened somehow though (i still have an alpha of newscaster mariko), and some others…dig hard in the bbs, and i mean REALLY HARD because i wont say anything this time :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 02-24-2007, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness - BBS Admin ]

Hey Lamuness are you still going to provide the scan for the disc?

By the way, I just want to say thanks to Demonix for going through the trouble of scanning all the LMM cards. I’ll add them to the article in the future. The article will highlight the goodies given away as well as the differences between disc covers and so on. I still need to do more research though.

only if you are nice to me :stuck_out_tongue: