Installer on Game Hardcopys not responding.

Has anybody noticed with most of the JAST’s Physical releases of Games since Shiny Days(the first with this problem) that the installers take forever respond(Significant amount of time like 10 minutes) regardless what computer or disk drive is used.(Same problem on several computers) I noticed this problem most recently with the Family project/Heart de roomate bundle. I tried running the installer as administrator this doesn’t fix it ether. Note: All games install eventually it just takes a very longtime to get the installer to work.

I didn’t have any difficulty with Seinarukana’s installer.

@sanahtlig I didn’t have an issue with Seinarukuna either. This issue isn’t present in Starless or Flowers either

Personally I only experienced this issue with Shiny days and Family Project/Heart De Roomate bundle.

Interestingly enough, the copy protection on the old disc copies of Come See Me Tonight doesn’t work at all anymore. The only way I could get the game to load was to, uh, use a patch of somewhat dubious origin.

Turns out the game itself isn’t anything special and certainly wasn’t worth going back to.

I wonder if the downloadable version being sold now would have the same problem?

There were one or two disc versions that used an inefficient data check system that caused some slow installs. I was able to fix this problem in some of the more recent titles.