Interactive games

I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on interactive simulation games. I am looking to buy some new games but can’t seem to find any in this genre. I have True Love, Princess Maker 2 & 3, Sim Girl, The Maid’s Story, and Syuusaku. Slave Pageant and the Kango games drawings look good but I’ve seen reviews that weren’t very high on Kango and haven’t found any on Slave Pageant. Any thoughts on these games? Also, how could I encourage a company to translate the elf company game Syuusaku?

quote:
Originally posted by keller:
how could I encourage a company to translate the elf company game Syuusaku?

If you can find around 5000 people who are willing to preorder the game (with no option to cancel it later), it might convince Elf license it, and either Peach Princess or G-Collections to pick it up.

As for game suggestions, if you're not particular about it being in English (very few sim ero-games in English), you could have a look at Maiden Breeder 2 (Teatime) or My Fair Angel (Studio e-go). Those look like simulation games from the screenshots I saw at Getchu.

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 08-18-2004).]

quote:
Slave Pageant and the Kango games drawings look good but I've seen reviews that weren't very high on Kango and haven't found any on Slave Pageant. Any thoughts on these games?

The main criticism against these games is that they don't have a real story to talk about.
Kango is mostly light-hearted fluff.
Slave Pageant is a dark game that's not that dark. You can find more opinions on it in the topics about this game further below the topic list.

[This message has been edited by Benoit (edited 08-18-2004).]

If you want something besides your run of the mil ADV game, get Brave Soul. It’s an RPG and a nice change of pace. Besides that if your looking for US erogames your kinda screwed. It’s sad considering all the nice Sim games in JP. Now that I think about it there is a Stratgey game coming out someyear soon called Sagakage or something like that.

Well again if you don’t care about them being in english, Pia Carrot series is a good classic one to go with.

I too wish more of these games were out. They are my favorite type.

quote:
Originally posted by Jinnai:
Well again if you don't care about them being in english, Pia Carrot series is a good classic one to go with.

I too wish more of these games were out. They are my favorite type.

Take it for what it is worth, but I have heard rumors the Pia Carrot OVA is up for translation, if that is true, and I have not been able to confirm this, maybe the game will be someday. Though if you want to play it I would not wait for that someday.

quote:
Originally posted by Laslow:
Now that I think about it there is a Stratgey game coming out someyear soon called Sagakage or something like that.

Gun Shield Warrior SAKIGAKE. We still have to see how much strategy really is involved, though.
quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:

Take it for what it is worth, but I have heard rumors the Pia Carrot OVA is up for translation, if that is true, and I have not been able to confirm this, maybe the game will be someday. Though if you want to play it I would not wait for that someday.

Huh?? Pia Carot OVAs has been out in R1 for some time now. I belive nutech is releasing them. Here's a review on it by AOD
http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/79.php

Thanks for the input everyone. I was hoping there were these types of games but I just had missed them. Laslow - I did buy Brave Soul and enjoyed it, just forgot to list it.
Jinnai - Pia Carrot? Is it like another game I might have seen before? Also, is it hard to follow when I don’t understand Japanese? I have gotten through other Japanese games but sim games are harder to follow. Does anyone know any good Japanese sim games that aren’t too hard to follow?

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
Huh?? Pia Carot OVAs has been out in R1 for some time now. I belive nutech is releasing them. Here's a review on it by AOD
http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/79.php

[/b][/QUOTE]

Then what the heck did I hear? Maybe it is a for an edited non 18 and up edition. Then what was it I heard it being up for translation and OVA about? Geez been a long week this week and it's only Tuesday, I'll see if maybe it is an non 18 and up edition.

There are two sets of Pia Carrot OVAs. One of them is non-adult, I think.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
There are two sets of Pia Carrot OVAs. One of them is non-adult, I think.

Both sets of Pia Carrot OVAs released in English are hentai in nature, under Nutech.

He meant Welcome to Pia Carrot DX series is non hentai.

quote:
Does anyone know any good Japanese sim games that aren't too hard to follow?

For starters, you may try Brightia from Cronus and Darcrows from Alicesoft.

I certainly can't recommend my personal favorite Dai Akuji from Alicesoft here. You will be lost without japanese in this game because there are too many ways to die or lose otherwise and you won't even know what hit you...

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 08-25-2004).]

quote:
Does anyone know any good Japanese sim games that aren't too hard to follow?

You can try bgames from Discovery, like TSUMA x TSUMA 3 and COSMAMANYA.
These sim bgames are very easy, because all the choices have automatic hints, like for instance how much love points you will gain, which choice is a divergence point, even wich choice will give to you a H-Scene.

Or if you can to try to find on the Net Japanese walktrus to some more complex sim bgames.

quote:
Originally posted by RonXE:
He meant Welcome to Pia Carrot DX series is non hentai.

And that is the one that is not yet translated isn't it? Maybe that is the one that I heard about being translated in the future.

Yeah…all I know is, I saw an unsubbed copy of one of these non-h ovas once. So I know it isn’t either of the h-ova sets released here by Nutech.