Interplay is back on business!

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/04/10 … _planned/1

Niiice. :smiley:
The only bad thing about it is that they’ve sold Fallout’s IP (~6 million!), but apparently they are in good terms with Bethesda.

I wonder if they are going to bring Black Isle and Shiny back to its full glory. :smiley:

This is good news. Interplay made some great games. I’m glad selling the license got them back in business, though it’s a shame that they sold fallout, of all things. Oh well, still good news, good news!

Black Isle would be impossible since all the guys that worked there went and formed Obsidian Entertainment. (KoTOR 2, Neverwinter Nights 2)

And Tim went to Carbine Studios, which is a 2nd party for NCsoft. :frowning:

Personally, good riddance and I’m not too thrilled they’re back. They made a ton of bad decisions and sank entirely several good series (like pretty much anything Black Isle) that shouldn’t have died. It always felt like their products succeeded in spite of them :slight_smile:

This is incredibly good news in my book. The Fallout series is one of my all time favorites so to see Interplay get back into it and start talking about an MMO makes me happy. Plus I’ve been keeping tabs on the Fallout 3 release and the early specs look great.

I am waiting for a next Descent game.