Is Jingai Makyou officially canceled?

I've been somewhat out of the loop for the past year and I was wondering if Jingai Makyou/Chaos Gate has been officially dropped. Last I recall JAST said the game was already translated but was shelved since there was an OS compatibility problem with Windows Vista and higher. Its been like almost 3 years yet that issue still hasn't been resolved. Jingai Makyou is already a decade old and chances of it being released in English seem more now like a pipe dream. The last Nitro+ game I recall they released was Steins Gate which isn't an eroge but a VN.

Anyway I just like to know if JAST has finally thrown in the towel for its English release.

We never, ever announced that Jingai Makyou was a game we were doing on, though I believe we used some art in a catalog once. The game is problematic because it's a) not compatible with Windows 7 and up, and b) not even finished. If we ever do a version of this game it'd be based on an updated version that was complete.

Sad to hear but at least now we know. We still get Django, Kikokugai and Sumaga so that’s a definite plus!

@HyugaX, we haven't ever announced Kikokugai, though we're actually talking with NItroplus about it.

Speaking of Nitroplus is there a non-0% chance of getting Muramasa at any point?

It's our ultimate goal as a company, actually. We'd have to earn it by selling lots of their other titles first. But we totally want to do it.

Peter,

You totally announced Jingai Makyou. http://forums.jastusa.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6565&p=97506&hilit=jingai+makyou#p97506

In 2010 I referenced “Jingai Makyou” as being listed in the status thread (that’s this thread right here: http://forums.jastusa.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7341 ) - Obviously, at some point, it was later removed. After you cancelled it.

And here’s a play-by-play narrration of the 2009 AX panel where Jingai Makyou was announced: http://forums.jastusa.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6118&p=92233&hilit=jingai+makyou#p92233

Look, I understand. You cancelled the project. It happens. You’ve even done it before - Slave Bazaar, La Voyeur: Used Condom, Newscaster Mariko, and that one tactical game that you tried (but ultimately failed) to rescue from Hobibox Europe whose name I can’t remember anymore. But please don’t now attempt to deny that you announced it.

I remember watching the preview video to Slave Bazaar on one of the Peach Princess game disc extra folders. Haven't heard of the rest.

I’m glad to hear Muramasa is still on your radar, I was intending to pick up Steins;gate and Hanachirasu eventually anyways but I’ll be sure to do so even faster if more support of Nitroplus titles really means a shot at a localized Muramasa on the horizon someday

I really want Muramasa as well. I also am quite interested in Gekkou no Carnevale - the review that I found (which I think I linked before in the request thread) makes it sound fascinating. Is that one you’ve been looking at, Peter?

@ Peter Payne

we haven't ever announced Kikokugai, though we're actually talking with NItroplus about it.

You announced it back into 2011. What happened?

It's our ultimate goal as a company, actually. We'd have to earn it by selling lots of their other titles first. But we totally want to do it.

It would be awesome if you could get Muramasa. Like I said in another thread I think the Phantom remake would do really well for you and Nitroplus and its fit for steam without having to make any cuts! Then there's also the possibility of selling Saya, Demonbane, etc on steam with some edits. Hope you guys can make this a reaility!

"But please don't now attempt to deny that you announced it."

We are Anonymous,

We are Legion.

We do not forgive.

We do not forget.

Expect us.

Sorry to necro this thread, but a thought occurred to me just now.

Jingai Makyou and Kikokugai were both announced … until they weren’t. Now there’s 2 games that Jast has announced but not released yet from Nitroplus - Sumaga and Outlaw Django. They’re not on the upcoming games list on tumblr.

This might not mean anything. There’s a few other games also not on it (the 2 Code Pink games and Trample on Schatten, which I’m pretty sure Jast’s still doing). But it’d be good to get official word.

Are Sumaga and Outlaw Django still planned?

I've seen unofficial translation updates on Sumaga, so I assume that's a project in progress that JAST is committed to finishing.

I'm not quite sure why all the titles JAST has announced (and made some progress on) aren't on the Tumblr page.

Maybe they're hedging their bets so they have some "new" games to announce at Anime Expo just in case? :P

What a shame. JAST even denies they announced or worked on Jingai Makyou when there's evidence that they did. Now Outlaw Django and other Nitro+ titles they announced may be following the cancellation gutter. Is there some sort of falling out between JAST and Nitro+? I thought since the release of Demonbane we would actually see a lot more eroges of Nitro+ from JAST. Yet the only other releases is Saya no Uta and Steins; Gate with the former not being an eroge.

How I wish fan translators had continued working on Jingai Makyou since JAST wasted on a perfectly great title.

They just released Hanachirasu not 2 months ago.

yeah making an official statement about still working sumaga & django would be really cool towards those fanboys, who are waiting for quite some time.now.
& even if something happened to the projects, better make it clear, than turning their fruitless hype into hate for your company.