Is the PP packaging discreet...how discreet?

Well based on the last package I recieved from Peach Princess it was a fairly plain package, but it did have Peach Princess’s name and logo on it… Though since I still haven’t seen my copy of LMM arrive the last package I got from them was over a year ago…

The envelope I received Little My Maid in was about as discreet as they get. A bubble plastic brown-yellow envelope stamped “Air Mail”, with a sticker that had my name and address, with the return address “PCI Distributing Co. 8911 Complex DR. #F San Diego, CA 92123”. And a stamp, of course. That’s it. There’s no way at all to know the contents unless you open it.

My LMM shipment was as discreet as possible. It hasn’t arrived yet. OTOH, San Diego is a distant 400 miles away.

I think PP has toned down the packaging since SlicerX asked that question about his TCI order back in July.

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:
It comes in a bright yellow package with one of the girls from the game you ordered on the front in the middle of an orgasm.

It does seem that the LMM no-shows seem to be around half(?) of us. A quick search of the board of “preorder” shows that these little delays when it comes to preorders have been going on for quite a while:

http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000090.html

That’s a link describing some delays of the X-Change preorders from 2001!
It does make me wonder though, if I had not bothered preordering and merely waited until everything definitely was shipping, would I REALLY miss not having those little keychains? Honestly, I’m not sure I have enough PVC fetish to care anymore…
At this point though, LMM was my first and probably last preorder. Too much anxiety and envy listening to all who already are enjoying the rewards of their long wait!

I’m feeling the same way Whole 9 Yards, though the funny thing is this isn’t the first time I’d have been better off waiting past the pre-order point with Peach Princess… Btw wouldn’t it be awfully nice if they gave a tracking option? It’s hard to believe that any shipping company can’t provide it when UPS, FEDEX, USPS, and at least 3 other smaller shipping companies I know of all do… I wish I had at least some vague idea of when my copy is coming, especially since I paid for it a week and a half ago…

I got Little My Maid in a light-orange enveloppe with bubble sheets.

On the front:
-a white sticker with your address
-a double red stamp “AIR MAIL”, of which one is upside-down
-a stamp with the return address “PCI Distributing Co.” and so on
-a US postage fee sticker

On the back:
nothing, except some marks of the company that made the envelope itself.

quote:
Originally posted by Whole 9 Yards:
Honestly, I'm not sure I have enough PVC fetish to care anymore...

Now I take offense at this comment. There's nothing wrong w/ having an interest in special goodies, whether it's made of of PVC, cloth, or whatever. If you don't want it, you could mail it back to Peter Payne. :P

quote:
Originally posted by Shadow99:
I'm feeling the same way Whole 9 Yards, though the funny thing is this isn't the first time I'd have been better off waiting past the pre-order point with Peach Princess... Btw wouldn't it be awfully nice if they gave a tracking option? It's hard to believe that any shipping company can't provide it when UPS, FEDEX, USPS, and at least 3 other smaller shipping companies I know of all do... I wish I had at least some vague idea of when my copy is coming, especially since I paid for it a week and a half ago...

Shipping via UPS and FEDEX is relatively expensive, and not a good option unless you're shipping something heavy by ground. And since USPS charges a fee for tracking, it doesn't make sense to ship w/ tracking unless you make a specific request for it, and pay for that fee.

The packaging is pretty discrete. There was just a small Jast logo on my foam package, and that was it. I even had the package shipped to my workplace because I received stuff from Jast before.

Wasn’t really going to stray offtopic again after replying to what whole 9 yards said, but…

Peach Princesses normal shipping (last time I bought something not on pre-order) as identical to the cost of shipping on anything else I get through any other service up to quite a bit larger and heavier… & I’ve sent things I’ve sold on ebay through USPS with tracking that weigh as much as these do and it would cost like a dollar and a half to ship (tracking costing about 30 cents to that total)… Yeah that’s gonna just break the bank there…

Now I’m sure also that they get a bulk shipment rate (& would no matter who they went through except maybe USPS), I’m assuming that they believe they get the very best rate from teh company they go through now and the lack of a tracking system doesn’t bother them… Well frankly if it costs a few bucks more to go with a company who does provide a tracking number over one that doesn’t, as a company that needs to keep as many customers as possible they ought to take the more expensive route… That would be the most sound bussiness discision.

Of course personally right now I’m just really really pissed that they took my money nearly two weeks ago now (the 21st) and I have nothing to show for it except to confused emails from them almsot a week apart saying alternately that it would ship within the next two days and that it would ship within 24 hours… I tracking number would have solved the whole thing since I’d know exactly where the hell it is… It doesn’t help that for three weeks before they shipped I tried to verify my order was still in their system and they never responded to me… That just makes me feel that if this never arrives that I’m out my money with nothing at all to show for it… & to make things worse this isn’t the first time PP has screwed around with my pre-orders, that’s why I had a list of steps they might want to think about doing next pre-order if they ever want me to do another pre-order again… & since I refused to pre-order Brave Soul (which I had every intention of getting when it came out) and I never have actually bought it because I haven’t gotten around to it, it would seem if I don’t pre-order stuff I won���t ever buy it…

quote:
Originally posted by Ecchifan:
Now I take offense at this comment. There's nothing wrong w/ having an interest in special goodies, whether it's made of of PVC, cloth, or whatever. If you don't want it, you could mail it back to Peter Payne. :P

(on the microphone)
(tap, tap, tap...)
"Hey is this thing on?....Wow tough room..."

Ooookkaaaayyy, you kind of lost me on how my post in anyway implied that there was something wrong with wanting those keychains. In fact, that was a reason why I preordered in the first place. My point was that I would rather have gotten the game on time and forgo the extra goodies than wait an extra 3-4 weeks. I never implied at all that anyone should feel the way I do. I don't even blame Jlist or Peach Princess, these things happen-I just personally and without judgement on anyone else-would have preferred the game sooner. However, if it will keep the peace, I apologize. Since what apparently was offensive must have been my quote:

"Honestly, I'm not sure I have enough PVC fetish to care anymore..." (notice the word "I")

So therefore "I" hereby promise to make every effort to admire everything made out of PVC from cute keychains to my main sewer line. So we're cool now right? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
Excuse me, I just saw some vinyl siding I just have to have...You know the saying..."Nothing tickles my side like Polyvinyl Chloride"

(People, remember, HUMOR HUMOR!)

LOL!