Is this working?

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Talk to our Bishoujo Goddess and see if she'll send the fwobigols ninja division after him, er, that is if they existed. (Or the Bishoujo ninja division, if you want him to die happy...)

If it's a true Ninja Division, how do we even know it exists?

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:

If it's a true Ninja Division, how do we even know it exists?

By letting us know they exist, they get us to doubt their existence. No real ninja group would let its existence be known, right? So they must not be real.

Besides which, if they denied they existed we'd just decide they were real. Haven't you ever seen Wag the Dog?

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
By letting us know they exist, they get us to doubt their existence. No real ninja group would let its existence be known, right? So they must not be real.

Besides which, if they denied they existed we'd just decide they were real. Haven't you ever seen Wag the Dog?

Well crap, until a minute ago, I'd swear I existed. Thanks a lot!

Existing non-existantly,
Made in DNA

Never seen Wag the Dog myself. Hmm, actually, I’m trying to remember what it’s supposed to be about now…

Of course, the question is, how would we know how a “real” ninja group would act? After all, if they wouldn’t let their existence be known, how would we know that? (Unless you belong to said group, in which case you knowing that they wouldn’t let it’s existence be known would be knowledge that they exist.)

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Never seen Wag the Dog myself. Hmm, actually, I'm trying to remember what it's supposed to be about now...

Of course, the question is, how would we know how a "real" ninja group would act? After all, if they wouldn't let their existence be known, how would we know that? (Unless you belong to said group, in which case you knowing that they wouldn't let it's existence be known would be knowledge that they exist.)

Wag the Dog was a movie about, more or less, a Campaign to REElect the President. The prez feels up a girl scout, so they kill the story by throwing together a war that doesn't exist to sidetrack the press.

While they were hatching this brilliant phony war scheme, they had a smaller smokescreen set up, where they had one of the President's advisors give a speech insisting there WAS NO scandal going on in the Pentagon right now, everything was hunky dory, and it DEFINITELY has nothing to do with the B3 bomber, because there IS no B3 bomber.

So, of course, everyone wanted to know what was (wasn't?) going on, but the Pentagon people could only issue denials. Which, of course, nobody believes because really--who believes the government when they deny something?

Okay, I vaguely remember that movie now. (Still didn’t see it though.) And what do you mean you don’t believe the government when they deny something? You don’t trust them or something?

Just kidding. Though it does remind me a little of how my friends and I interact. One of my friends is good at lying because nobody believes he would lie while I’m good at hiding the truth, because everyone thinks I’m lying. What? Don’t you believe me?