Is this working?

quote:
Originally posted by Made in DNA:
It's my understanding that all the games we sell at JAST USA have walkthrus that we create ourselves. How else are we going to get through the games to make sure they work? These walkthrus are available to anyone who has purchased the game. Simply send your CD number to us and we will send you the walkthru. Wa-lah!

As for savefiles. I personally can't see anything wrong with them. But why would you want to play someone else's leftovers?

Best regards,
Made in DNA

It's golden week! Go home! Have fun! Ask the buddist nun out! Ask that girl at Mos Burger for a date! :P

quote:
It's my understanding that all the games we sell at JAST USA have walkthrus that we create ourselves. How else are we going to get through the games to make sure they work? These walkthrus are available to anyone who has purchased the game. Simply send your CD number to us and we will send you the walkthru. Wa-lah!

Sorry, I meant more of the posting of said walkthroughs on a public board like this. I didn't exactly realize you guys were giving out walkthroughs (I just thought it was general help) but you're still verifying that they have a legal copy of the game via the CD number. I've even considered doing the same type of verification when someone emails me directly for help, but I'm not affiliated with the companies and I really don't have the right to ask for such things.

I was mainly curious. When Dave E was running the boards, step by steps were one of the big no-nos. For the most part, the regulars have honored that stance for various reasons but I wasn't exactly sure what the current rule was. That's why I didn't bitch out the guy in that thread or flood Lamuness-san with emails to tattle about it.

quote:
As for savefiles. I personally can't see anything wrong with them. But why would you want to play someone else's leftovers?

Beats me, although the guy did say that getting the whole image file did sort of motivate him to work on getting all the endings, but I really doubt that would be the case for many other people. It just bugs me in general. Yes, I realize some people are playing these games just for the images, but frankly, there's cheaper and easier ways to get similar images. I really do feel that if you buy these games, it should be so that you play and enjoy them. Savefiles to me, defeats that purpose.

Plus, I was just sort of ranting in general. I mainly come to this board to relax a bit. So when a post goes up that hits on one of my pet peeves, I tend to go slightly ballistic. If I wanted to go ballistic more often, I'd frequent GameFAQs more.

And maybe it's because of the three hours of sleep, but I'm drawing a blank here. What's Mos Burger?

My personal rule is: "use common sense"

I personally also discourage against “step by step”…well I don’t know how explicit “step by step” was when Kumiko/Dave E ran the board, but I will just assume “pick this choice, pick that choice etc” for now. I’d personally think a general hint/description of telling the “lost” guy what to do would be fine and have him work out the details…and leave the “real help” to the company like Made in DNA said if you are really stuck…

save games. I usually resort to them in the past only when there’s one last bit left that’s so hard to get. In recent years I don’t look for them anymore. For those who just want the save files for the pics, well…more power to them…

Mos Burger is a fast food burger chain in Japan. If I remmeber correctly, Made in DNA I think has a crush with some girl working there…

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Sorry, couldn't think of anywhere to really put this but I wanted to bring up something. (warning there's a rant than a question...)

What, like it matters? Here?

quote:
On the Help board, the thead where Hightower-san was asking for help, some newbie popped up and put a link for a savefile for TCI. Besides my general annoyance for people who's first and only post on these boards is to put up a "cheat" on a game, but it also pisses me off when it pretty much ignores what was going on in the thread. It was obvious to me that Hightower-san wanted to play the game and wasn't just out to get the bloody images. So why put a savefile link up? That's even worst than a step by step walkthrough to me. I mean, with a step by step you're playing without thinking. With a savefile you're not even playing the game!

Sorry, stressing out (though from work, not this). But my question, what exactly is PeaPri's offical policy towards step by step walkthroughs and save files? Was the prohibition more Dave E's kick in the first place?

Because the post said "If you absolutely can't figure it out, here's a savefile for the ending". Granted it isn't much help if you want to play, but that was the post.

I have in fact downloaded the scene-unlocking program. In my madness I seem to have somehow transferred some (madness) to my computer. I have completely beaten TCI but have not got it installed, and if I want to mess around with it I'll want to just install it and run the patch.

While the post wasn't exactly in the spirit of how we do things here, I don't have a terribly large problem with it.

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 05-01-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
It's golden week! Go home! Have fun! Ask the buddist nun out! Ask that girl at Mos Burger for a date! :P

I'd love to, and happily do so if you'll convince Peter to give me time off with pay. =)

No GW for us as an Internet store.

Ahhhh, MOS Burger Grrl.... Ahhhhhhhhhh...... Tasty..... She's like so awesome. Cool Geek-Grrl Chic and a nasaly voice to boot. Weird thing is, I don't think she thinks I can speak Japanese. Everytime I try to talk to her, my Japanese goes out the door. =P

[This message has been edited by Made in DNA (edited 05-02-2003).]

quote:
Mos Burger is a fast food burger chain in Japan. If I remmeber correctly, Made in DNA I think has a crush with some girl working there...

Yes, but can you tell our dear readers what the MOS in MOS Burger stands for?

Anyone? First prize is....

... a picture of MOS Burger! (high-res of course)

Made in DNA

quote:
Yes, but can you tell our dear readers what the MOS in MOS Burger stands for?

I just hope it doesn't mean "Microsoft Operating System". Yuck! Shudder!

Mountain, Ocean, Sun

quote:
Originally posted by ksarchet:
Mountain, Ocean, Sun

[img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, I'm impressed. Most Japanese don't even know. They usually try "Mountain, Ocean, Sea", but you are right on the money. I'll post your winnings later tonight.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Made in DNA

testing to see if this works…coz some DNA guy was complaining over on the other forum that he can’t spam and BS…

No, what the lunatic DNA guy said was… what’s the point of having a off topic section that you can’t post new threads too? Who the heck wants to read 1000 unthreaded responses to “blah” just to see if someone is posting anything new to the area?

blah

spam spam spam, green eggs and ham.

someone please kill this lunatic for me…

giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiwaaaaaapuuuuuuuuuuu giiiiiiiiii giiiiiiiiiiiiiig igiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii lalalalalalalalala ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowoot!!! I am the lunatic man! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. gerogerogero.

man, I need admin powers, so I can just make this stuff up for real. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, maybe I should start a parody board called PeachPitPrincess BBS… btw… Peter is watching me write this. Or rather I should say, he’s standing next to me thinking I am working really hard typing something up. Gosh, I’m amazing…ly… silly.

quote:
spam spam spam, green eggs and ham.

Excuse me can I trade the green eggs and ham for Spam? So I want the Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam and Spam.

(~Singing~ Spam,Spam,Spam,Spam....Spam,Spam,Spam,Spam .....Spam, Spam, Spam, Wonderful Spam.)

so, where’s my prise DNA? mmmmm, mos burger.

quote:
Originally posted by ksarchet:
so, where's my prise DNA? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] mmmmm, mos burger.

Yes, yes, I TOTALLY apologize. I have meant to post that, but I keep forgetting to bring my camera to work. I'm very sorry!

quote:
someone please kill this lunatic for me...

Talk to our Bishoujo Goddess and see if she'll send the fwobigols ninja division after him, er, that is if they existed. (Or the Bishoujo ninja division, if you want him to die happy...)