J-List Censorship

I haven’t read all of this topic yet (so I’m sorrie if this has already been said already), but the Supreme Court ruled this year that ALL works of a written or graphic nature “depicting minors engaging in explicit sexual acts” ARE legal, so long as the minors are fictional characters. HOWEVER, although this material is legal, COPPA laws dictate that sexually explicit material of any kind must be restricted from the viewing of minors. I don’t know the whole situation exactly, but maybe this is what’s partially influencing J-List into doing this. IMO though, I do find it a bit excessive to censor site content like this… age requirements and warnings should be enough, I would think. This isn’t really my particular area of law though so I’m not all too informed and can’t say either way. Just thought I’d throw a factoid or two in there and give my own 2 cents.

Hmmm… that should make the lolicons happy…

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfson:
The two problems with this method of punishment are that a) it is difficult to enforce, and children often try to find methods to "beat" the punishment, and b) psychology shows us that the best forms of psychological training are for immediate reward or punishment so that the individual learning the response can associate the behavior with the reward. Protracted punishments, such as removing computer, TV, or cell phone priveleges lose their immediacy, and only serve to foster resentment in the child over a period of time, rather than having the child reflect on his or her "crime."

I have heard a slight opposite to the idea of the immediacy of punishment, that is if you want the punishment to stick you keep it up for a while, and yes they resent you, but you find someway to tie it into the "crime", so it is the crime they start to resent rather then you as a parent.

Oh yes kids are crafty and could find ways around it but that is another reason to make it long, if it is say two hours and they find a way around the second hour then it has not been a true punishment. The longer it goes the greater chance they have at breaking it but also the greater chance of having some of it stick, or so is my opinion.

Is this censorship starting up again? Most of the pictures seem uncensored but some, such as ones for Gun Shield Warrior SAKIGAKE still have Sorry, Temporarly Censored over some of the images. So has it started up again, or are these just left overs that have not yet been updated?

[edit]I have just noticed that other images, lots of other images, are not censored but seeing these still censored just raised the fear that this might be starting again, but that’s not the case as far as anyone knows is it?

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 08-23-2004).]

Gun Shield Warrior SAKIGAKE’s screenshots have always been censored on all sites, since they are from the Japanese version.

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
Gun Shield Warrior SAKIGAKE's screenshots have always been censored on all sites, since they are from the Japanese version.

The images of the japanese version may have mosaiced pubic areas, but certainly not Sorry, Temporarly Censored written onto them.

Indeed I think there might have been mosaics on some, yet when I saw what was thought to be a “new” shot, it was called to larger form only to find it, and others, with Sorry, Temporarly Censored, so I was not sure if this is starting over or these are just leftovers from before, as was asked about earlier.

Yea showing dead mutilated bodies, murder, violence, blood and gore is OK, but nude parts of bodies that are fictional and drawn, even with sex is wrong, bad bad, stupid double standards :stuck_out_tongue:

ROFL I totally agree with you REL… rest assured that while the CG sites are censored, America’s youth can still visit Waita Uziga’s website anytime they like! =D =D =D

LOL