J-List Opens Retail Store in Akihaba

For Immediate Release
April 1, 2010
J-LIST OPENS RETAIL SHOP IN AKIHABARA

J-List, one of the first anime shops on the Internet, announced today that it has opened a retail store in Tokyo’s popular Akihabara area. The store will stock anime figures, anime artbooks and magazines, bento boxes, plus the popular “Tenga” male stress relief products.

J-List founder Peter Payne said, “Ever since beginning operations in 1996, we’ve had one goal: to create the premier anime shop in Akihabara, the center of Japan’s otaku spirit. We’re happy that this day has finally been realized.”

The J-List retail shop is located on the 2nd floor of the Don Quixote shop facing the main Chuo Dori thoroughfare. The store will also stock the company’s signature Japanese-langage T-shirts, including “Looking for a Japanese Girlfriend” and anime parodies like the “Tsundere” kanji T-shirt.

To commemorate the new retail shop launch, J-List is giving away a copy of the Pixiv Girls Collection 2010 artbook in a Twitter campaign run in partnership with Dannychoo.com (http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/25544/J-List+Opens+in+Akihabara.html). In addition, the site is extending its 2010 Spring Sale event giving all customers a $5 coupon for every $100 spent on the site. Customers can take another $5 off any order over $25 for today only by entering JLISTAKIBA in the “store coupon.”

J-List can be accessed at http://www.jlist.com (includes NSFW products) or http://www.jbox.com (PG products only). For details on the Twitter campaign and to see beautiful pictures of the artbook, click over to Danny Choo’s site now.

Whoa. Didn’t see that coming. Consider me there when I visit Akihbara. :slight_smile:

So… when does JLIST start exporting Japanese language bgames like Eroge Shop (and Hobby Search used to do)? :wink:

Looks like the JLIST mascot is triplets. Narg approves. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT
No wait… I forgot about today’s date.

I still approve of the triplets though.

Bummer, wish you could be here for the grand opening on April 1st. Not sure how much longer we’ll be open after that date… :slight_smile:

We actually do import Japanese games now, and they’re quite popular, so we’re adding more. If you have any titles you think we should definitely carry, give us a shout, or we can start a request thread.

Japanese games are here: http://www.jlist.com/HENTAI/GMJP_1.html

Awesome! Now when I visit Ja-

Oho! Got me!

Of course, it was too much to be believed. But I’m saving the picture, anyway. It’ll make good walpaper.

Ah, but will you be selling this t-shirt?

This is interesting, but why is Subarashiki Hibi still a preorder? The game is out now; I’ve got it…
EDIT: Also the synopsis is actually pretty misleading, but it’s pretty good for one written before release, though evidently by someone who hasn’t played Tsui no Sora.

Here’s a better synopsis of Subarashiki Hibi than the one on Subarashiki Hibi’s website, you just need to change a couple of the names to their Subarashiki Hibi equivalents.

The picture had me fooled for a second! :lol:
But, Ohh, today’s one-day only coupon came in handy… preordered demonbane :slight_smile:

I was really excited and impressed for a minute.
I hate April Fools Day. I should totally stay offline on this day.

lol… I know right? I believed it was legit too. The picture is great, and if you’ve ever visited Akihabara (hell… any big city in Japan), you’ve seen those building banners all the time.

I was all like: “OMG! I’m gonna go there next week!”

Then… blam… I look at the date it was posted, and Peter’s follow up post. :stuck_out_tongue:

This was a good one.

LOL, I got fooled too… :smiley: Maybe it’s because it’s Feb 2 already… :smiley:

I was about to ask if this will trigger a new trend: re exporting translated (and uncensored) eroge back to land of the rising sun. Then I read the posts that followed and… Yea, nice joke, Mr. Payne.

I wasnt here yesterday, would have been fooled too.
But the pic did get me for a second, and then Narg’s post had my hopes pretty high…

If you guys noticed, the “2F” covers up part of the tree. Good job though Peter.