Japanese pirates and Peach Princess

I know very well that piracy is a disgrace in general and the bane of English b-games in particular, but what about Japanese pirates downloading English b-games for the uncensored CG’s (truly, Human greed knows no bounds … )?
Because no one, not even Peach Princess, can legally sell in Japan uncensored b-games, what’s your policy/stance toward Japanese sites like the one listed below (delete the Link, obviously, but give us an official answer for our future use, thank you )?

[This message has been edited by Lamuness (edited 07-14-2005).]

dont take this as official

but my personal take is, the japanese companies hold the ultimate rights to the games in japan, so i suppose we will let them do the dirty work

Wow, what a fast answer !
Does this means that it isn’t necessary for us to “snitch” on pirate sites, if Japanese?
I find the thing a bit strange, but if this is your answer…

well, if you are referring to reporting piracy activities you can always foward them to peter

i mean, doesn’t hurt to let him know about it…

I dunno because this one is iffy. If they already bought the game and want to see the uncensored pictures they either buy the game illegally or pirate the game which is also illegal. Which one has the higher punishment though? But to be honest I don’t get it. Elf Girl Demon rape is ok but a little uncensored snatch is considered FORBIDDEN in the land of the rising sun.

quote:
Originally posted by Kagami:
There's also no Japanese copyright law forbidding personal import of foreign versions of domestic works. (Although Japanese music companies have been trying to ban imports of their cheaper foreign releases. If they succeed, it would make Japan the only country in the world with restrictions on both general CD resale and reverse import of domestic CD releases.)

While it would be unique for that particular incident such reimportantion bands aren't that uncommon and control over resale.

There’s a store in Akihabara that sells US hentai DVDs… I can’t imagine they’re doing it illegally. Isn’t all the censorship on Japanese hentai (anime, manga, games) self-imposed since they’re not actual real human genitals?

Very recently, several mangaka have gotten in serious legal trouble for selling manga without proper censorship.

So, i’d say that it’s not self-imposed.