Japanese SRPG

Does anyone has a recommendation for an untranslated SRPG game (preferably good). I mean something like Utawarerumono, which I very much liked. I’m searching for a VN that also has a heavy gameplay component (emphasis on the gameplay), and I’m in the mood to play some RPG/strategy.
How are the Rance games? I have only played Sengoku Rance, which I… really liked (have to force myself to not play the other routes).

I’d recommend Eushully’s ??? series but it may just be me. In addition, if you’re into RPGs, the ??? is intimately tied to Eushully’s ??? series so you can have your fill by playing all of them.

There’s Xuse’s Eternity Sword series, alot of people seem to like that one, though I’ve only played a little bit of Eien no Aselia. Still if you like Sengoku Rance for it’s difficulty, you’ll certainly like Aselia as, like Rance, it constantly makes me rage quit

I’m rather enjoying ??? at the moment (also by Eushully), as well as ???ZERO, the first chronological entry in the ??? series (though not the first release). I tried the original ???, but I didn’t find the story or the gameplay quite interesting enough to clear it, although it really depends on the type of RPG you prefer.

I’m working my way through the early Rance games (Rance 1 to Kichikuou), all of which Alicesoft has released for free here. The early Rance games haven’t aged all that well, but as for Kichikuou, (from what I’ve played) I’d say it’s significantly better than Sengoku Rance (if you don’t factor age issues in - Alicesoft’s obviously improved their system a lot from 1996 to 2006). Not sure if many people would agree with this, but as far as RPGs go, I’d put Eushully above Alicesoft, both in terms of story and gameplay (incidentally, I wish Alicesoft would release some more mid/full price ADVs/novel adventures, instead of RPGs/low price ADVs/nukiges - more of this please :P).

I’ll agree that the older Rance games haven’t aged well, but I’d recommend Rance VI which ,like all the Rance titles besides Kichikuou and Sengoku, is an RPG. Aside from what has already been recommended I’d also throw in ???and ???, Daibanchou and Daiakuji respectively, which are two more Alicesoft games. They are a little harder to get the hang of than Sengoku Rance, but once you’ve got a feel for them they are outstanding when it comes to gameplay. Daibanchou is newer and a lot more polished than Daiakuji, in both gameplay and production (they added voices). Another Eushully game I’d recommend is ???.

Thanks for all the recommendations, I’ll be looking into it

There’s an old game called ‘Reijiyu - Twin Road’ made by a company called Apple Pie that was pretty good. It played like Sega’s original Shining Force games. It’s totally in Japanese/Chinese/Korean, but even so the menus are easy enough to figure out with trial and error.

I actually found Eien no Aselia pretty easy compared to some similar kinds of games - I don’t think it can be compared to Sengoku Rance at all, which can be really hard.
If you’re just after the gameplay, Seinarukana might be a slightly better choice. On the other hand, unlike Seinarukana, Eien no Aselia actually has a good story with good characters.

Escalation Panic, by Rolling Star I think. They have it on Dl Site English. You move this little circle around and draw squares around stuff. It’s more fun than my description.