JAST announcement

I was re-reading the j-list update when I noticed something about their older games. I was wondering if anyone has anyone has any guesses about what it will be about?

Well, it has been rumored for a while that JAST USA may re-release some of it’s older games…

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
Well,, it has been rumored for a while that JAST USA may re-release some of it's older games...

Personally, I'm kind of holding out for TSS, SoS and RC to be ported to the Transfer Student Engine. Probably won't happen, but one can Dream.

I don’t know if this has any bearing on this topic, but I heard long ago that there was a special edition of Nocturnal Illusion released in Japan. (This would’ve been 2+ years ago.) Around the same time, I also saw on someone’s website (again, a long time ago) a Nocturnal Illusion gallery that had the game’s art reworked so that the colors blended much more smoothly and also had a few pics that I don’t recall being in the game, and wondered whether the gallery was from the special edition of the game. If so, maybe we’ll see a a completely revamped Nocturnal Illusion instead of a simply updated-for-XP version.

Oh, and Woodelf–in regard to your first point about sex being the selling point in the early Jast releases, I think that SoS had a lot more story than most of the games that have come out in recent years, with the possible exceptions of Desire, Divi-Dead, and Critical Point (although the former 2 are pretty old now). SoS has some of the strongest character development and serious drama of any US-released bishoujo game. Even 3 Sis has a more complicated and serious story than most of the more recent offerings. I think the games fitting the description of sex over story are the Otaku games (with the exception of True Love).

[This message has been edited by Sharpe (edited 07-18-2002).]

quote:
Originally posted by Sharpe:
(...)
Oh, and Woodelf--in regard to your first point about sex being the selling point in the early Jast releases, I think that SoS had a lot more story than most of the games that have come out in recent years, with the possible exceptions of Desire, Divi-Dead, and Critical Point (although the former 2 are pretty old now). SoS has some of the strongest character development and serious drama of any US-released bishoujo game. Even 3 Sis has a more complicated and serious story than most of the more recent offerings. I think the games fitting the description of sex over story are the Otaku games (with the exception of True Love).

I think Woodelf was talking in regards to present Japanese bishoujo games, not US-released ones. I would agree that releasing a recent game would be probably better than releasing a game from that era...
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpe:
I don't know if this has any bearing on this topic, but I heard long ago that there was a special edition of Nocturnal Illusion released in Japan. (This would've been 2+ years ago.) Around the same time, I also saw on someone's website (again, a long time ago) a Nocturnal Illusion gallery that had the game's art reworked so that the colors blended much more smoothly and also had a few pics that I don't recall being in the game, and wondered whether the gallery was from the special edition of the game. If so, maybe we'll see a a completely revamped Nocturnal Illusion instead of a simply updated-for-XP version.

[This message has been edited by Sharpe (edited 07-18-2002).]

I'd buy that hypothetical enhanced version of Nocturnal Illusion in a minute. I liked the original.