JAST re-releasing classics

I’m not sure if this is old news or not, but I see where JAST is re-releasing Three Sisters Story, Season of the Sakura and Runaway City in a 3-pack with “enhanced” graphics and NT/XP compatability.

Technically it’s old news, about both the Jast USA and the Milky House Memorial Collections. Most of the regulars know about them (and are drooling over the prospect of replaying them.) But don’t feel too bad, some of the newer people may have missed where we mentioned about it. (Still, if you’re ever unsure about something being announced or not, a quick search through this board mainly will usually show whether the subject has come up or not previously.)

I know there was an updated Japanese version of May Club with newer graphics… remember seeing it on a hgame review site… Have they released/announced an English game with the newer pictures?

quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
I know there was an updated Japanese version of May Club with newer graphics... remember seeing it on a hgame review site... Have they released/announced an English game with the newer pictures?

Er, I'm guessing you're talking about May Club DX. (Here's a thread where we talked a little about it:
http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000152.html )

I don't think that was translated. It's the original May Club that's been updated for the Memorial Collection.

Rightstuf.com has posted availability dates for a couple pre-release titles not yet announced at other sites.

• Milky House Memorial Game Set, [on order]
  • Little My Maid, 03/15/03
  • JAST USA Memorial Collection, 03/20/03

This distributor doesn’t necessarily have inside information, but on the other hand they haven’t jumped the gun on other recently announced titles.
  • Sensei 2, [on order]
  • Tsuki - Possession, 03/20/03
  • Do You Like Horny Bunnies?, 05/01/03

I wish other sites would keep their product information more up to date. Jlist.com still shows the release date for Brave Soul as summer of 2002!

sarcasm deleted…

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 03-04-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by perigee:
Rightstuf.com has posted availability dates for a couple pre-release titles not yet announced at other sites.
  • Milky House Memorial Game Set, [on order]
  • Little My Maid, 03/15/03
  • JAST USA Memorial Collection, 03/20/03

FWIW - Rightstuf bumped their release date for Little My Maid to July 15, 2003.

Also, PP released the following email update today

quote:
We're happy to report that X-Change 2 is extremely close to final release
and will be shipping off to the CD duplicators next week. Through the
dedicated efforts of our staff and beta-testers we have finished
compatibility checking and look forward to getting the game into your hands
as soon as possible. The manuals and game packaging for the game are
completed and are being printed now, too -- it won't be long now. We have
to say that this has been an incredibly fun game to be involved with, a
superb game from Crowd that deftly combines the depth of character and
story of Tokimeki Check in! with the hilarious sex-change antics of the
original X-Change. It will ship soon, so if you haven't preordered, we hope
you'll do so now!

Brave Soul is also moving along nicely, and has all but finished testing in
preparation for final compatibility checking with various Windows systems.
We hope to get Brave Soul out within a month of shipping X-Change 2 and
will do our best to meet this goal. We know how difficult it is to wait for
great bishoujo games, and we sincerely thank all fans for being so patient.

[This message has been edited by perigee (edited 04-10-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by perigee:

FWIW - Rightstuf bumped their release date for Little My Maid to July 15, 2003.

[This message has been edited by perigee (edited 04-10-2003).]

It's not worth very much. When July 15 rolls around they're going to postpone it again, they've done it so many times before that they're not a source of release date info at all. Peach Princess will announce when work approaches completion.

yea, if recall they originally said october 2002…

I would like to personally apologize for the delays with LMM. Really it’s a problem we’re working hard to address. The core of the problem is that the game needed to be ported to a totally new engine for compatibility, and that’s what’s taken so much time. We’ll be going to a big meeting in Nagoya soon to find out the status of the game.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Payne:
I would like to personally apologize for the delays with LMM. Really it's a problem we're working hard to address. The core of the problem is that the game needed to be ported to a totally new engine for compatibility, and that's what's taken so much time. We'll be going to a big meeting in Nagoya soon to find out the status of the game.

Really? Cool. I definitely hope you end up with good news from that meeting.

That’s good to hear. More games the better. BS. Hopefully we’ll know more about LMM before my LMM t-shirt fades to unrecognition

I’m still waiting on when PP is going to release X2 and