JAST USA side blog now online!

It’s still going through the design process, but the JAST USA side blog is now open for business!

We (the JAST USA / Peach Princess / G-Collections staff) will be posting there periodically with official updates, teasers, promotional material, news, reviews, and other random bloggishness that doesn’t quite fit anywhere else. If there’s something you’d like to see as part of the blog let me know either here or in the comments section of the first post and we can try to make it so.

It’s only so much unrealized potential right now, but hopefully this will become a valuable service for fans of the English bishoujo game scene to help keep up to date with what exactly it is we’ve got going on on a daily/weekly basis (no, the games don’t just fall from the sky at random intervals, or grow as the mysterious fruit of a strange tree in the vacant lot behind the PP offices).

Suggestions and comments are welcome!

PS. If you comments to the blog post don’t show up immediately, please be patient - each commenter (based on IP address) has to have their first comment checked to make sure it isn’t spam, but after your first comment the rest should show up automatically.

Why is the weblog on otakuism.com instead of on Jast USA’s site like one would expect?

Dude.

Check the link one more time; in spite of the name, it IS the new weblog for the JAST USA.

I’m not stupid, I know it’s the Jast USA weblog. Read my post again. I’m asking why it’s on that domain instead of a part of Jast USA’s website!

Why is the J-List side blog at peterpayne.net and not part of the J-List site?

The world is full of mysteries…

To answer your question seriously, I think the best reason for an independent blog is that it can be a more flexible and prominent presence in the industry as a whole when not tied to the JAST USA URL explicitly. After all, it will mostly be a blog about PP and GC releases (at present). Also, people who might feel uneasy about linking to an internal JAST page in their blogroll may prefer Otakuism.com as a more palatable alternative.

Edited by Mystvan

[ 06-18-2007, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

I second that. An independent blog has a more casual feel to it, and otakuism does have a nice catch to it.

Oh, and Benoit, I merely thought you misread the first post of that journal. Besides, I believe Shingo just gave a clear answer.

Shingo just posted a teaser promotional flyer (albeit mosaiced). Strangely, some titles that are ALREADY OUT are mosaiced, as are some announced titles.

the unannounced ones are mostly impossible to see, but it is interesting.

Yeah I saw it. My eyes were more concentrated on that mini DVD-R disc thing though. Then I realized that it was just a weight. . .

When I first read it, I thought we’d be getting promo items like back in the day. For example: Sensei 3 mousepad, Little My Maid Cards, Crescendo Bookmarks (somebody please scan these), etc; and I had thought the DVD-R was part of the package/flyer.

[ 05-19-2007, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

Yes, just as Peterpayne.net is the J-List side blog, we wanted it to be a separate entity, since we’re going to be about more than just JAST USA specifically, but bishoujo games and related stuff in general.

If you’ve got a website, we’d appreciate a link or plug!

Are you sure that’s what it is? :3

I put it there more as a size comparison than a weight.

Well, I haven’t got a website… but I;d definitely plug the other Otakusim website (Shingo may know what i’m talking about)… and Heisei Democracy ! How comes there’s no linky for that site ?

Actually, now that I look at it (and after your comments) I realize now that they are not mini DVD-R discs; but rather full-sized ones. Then it hit me that the Yume Miru Kusuri image is actually a poster, I think. Awesome if that’s the case! I mean, I see it has a border there and all; which would be good for framing I guess - but, not many people frame posters. Lithographs on the other hand. . .

I had originally thought it was just double-sided advertisement sheet, and nothing more. The mosiac hurts my eyes. I think you should fix it up Shingo :wink:

[ 05-22-2007, 04:10 AM: Message edited by: Mockingbird ]

…like fixing it up by replacing it with mockingbird’s avatar? :stuck_out_tongue:

All will be revealed in due time… :3 As another hint, neither item pictured (and they are two separate entities) is shown in its final production state; a close look at the bottom of the upper image and the top of the lower image will bear this out.

Interesting that Industry Links are above Offical Links…normally it’s the opposite.