Jewel Knights Crusaders error

I had this game a while back, and it worked perfectly before.

Now when i try to play it i get this debugger error everytime i open the game then it shuts off.

what do i do?

What does the error say?

Move your save games elsewhere, uninstall, reinstall, reload your save games to the proper directory, and see if it works then.

I don’t have any save games

Sorry for the late update

Anyway here’s the exact error

Debugger detected - please close it down and restart!

Windows NT users: Please note that having the WinIce/SoftIce service installed means that you are running a debugger!

EDIT: I never intalled these programs and what’s a debbugger?

It’s been 2 days…please reply…

[ 06-05-2007, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Master X ]

Bump

Where are you guys?
Edit: atleast reply

(I wonder why it’s not workin. It worked before…)

[ 06-09-2007, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: Master X ]

I’m sorry, Master X, but I guess nobody knows how to help you… I’m surely not an expert, but I have a simple suggestion :slight_smile:

did you try to uninstall and reinstall the game properly from scratch?

and did you change OS or any computer config/hardware in the meantime?

[ 06-09-2007, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Lamuness ]

I did try reinstalling it and i get the same result.

And i don’t know if anything has been changed after i got back from repairs. Well i know i haven’t changed anything.

It looks the same when i first had it.

EDIT: Oh yeah i’m using WinXP

[ 06-09-2007, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Master X ]

i am going to assume that you are not trying to hack into the game while playing it…

did the repair guy reformatted your machine and/or install the OS from scratch, or is there a chance that you have installed some sort of programming software or anything of that sort that may have lead the game to believe that a debugging software is running in the background?

and maybe try disabling firewalls/antivirus/antispyware programs too?

Well he did managed to log into my computer without knowing my password. I was logging in without windows asking me to do so when i got it back. But i changed it after. He didn’t tell me how he did it but i trust that guy…(now >.>)

Edit: and i dissabled my firewall/virus protection

[ 06-09-2007, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Master X ]

well i’m not pointing fingers at anybody (at least not yet); im just trying to locate the source of the problem for you, step by step

i would first try closing any possible memory-resident or background programs and then run the game and see if the error happens

The game and that error is the only thing running on my Task Manager’s “application” list.

And my firewall/virus protection is dissabled. (my last post was edited late)

[ 06-09-2007, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Master X ]

well i was actually thinking about the process tab on task manager…

i know this sounds really stupid and may not even work at all, but try to run the game in safe mode?

It doen’t work

I click play and nothing happens.

i wonder if you can try eliminating all unnecessary processes in task manager, since i have no idea what kinda programs, big or little, you have installed on your machine

do you have another machine to try your game on?

What exactly is this debugger? (I’m currently ending some process and trying to get the game to work)

honestly i have no idea how or why this error would happen, as it is not the same as the typical error messages most people get from our games

No matter what process i stop, i still get that error…

What exactly are those files from error?

Edit: I’ve visit some sites and have yet found someone who solved their issue.

This Winice/SoftIce seems to be a program that helps find and fix problems for computers. Hmmm…my guess is that it was installed to help my computer get repaired.

The weird thing is i can’t seem to find it anywhere…

[ 06-09-2007, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Master X ]

OK, Master X… I guess you didn’t fix your problem(s) yet. Fortunately, I found some interesting links. I hope they may help you to solve this annoying problem:

1. Planet DVD discussion forum: DVD Software General => Get rid of WinIce / SoftIce protection error;

2. Blaze Media Pro - FAQs;

3. PassMark Support Forums - Debugger Detected why am I getting this [Archive]

Good luck!!!

[ 06-10-2007, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

I’m awaiting a reply at the annoyances forum. I’m going to need it.