Jingai Makyou to be translated by Jast USA?

Just shuffing through the visual novel database
http://vndb.org/v400

If you look closely, You can see JAST USA as a publisher. Neat huh?

If I remember correctly, they announced Jingai Makyou to be the second Nitroplus title to be released, right after Demonbane. This means that we could probably expect it by the end of this year (and I’m looking forward to it, Ignis seems hot as hell :smiley: ).

fixed

With 2 or 3 releases per year and still 5-6 games in the upcoming list… don’t hope to see it before about 2 years.

It’s still listed as “announced” in the status thread. That means they haven’t really started work on it yet. Given that it takes a year or so if PP’s being quick about things, earliest I would expect it is middle of '11.

If they license too many games then it becomes hard for them to actually finish all of them, and you can end up like with Hobibox Europe. They released a bunch of games, and they had announced a few more, including some alchemist game I was rather intrigued by … Then one day they deleted all info about that announcement from their webpage. Shortly after that, the whole thing folded.

This one looks awsome. The art and the characters (especially Ignis) look amazing. Plus its by nitro so the stories bound to be awsome.

Well, they’re going for a Demonbane release on Q2. Now, I would expect them to release a couple of Nitroplus titles every year, so I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of having Jingai Makyou around December.

No matter how happy I’m for possibility that JAST will release Jingai Makyou in English, I can’t really understand why they picked it. Sure, it sold alot back when it was released, but it’s also one of Nitroplus’ bigger games.
3MB of script is huge, for comparison that’s as much as Tsukihime and barely under original Higurashi question arcs. Translating that will cost a lot.

Where did you get 3mb from?

EDIT: Oh, I’m guessing you got it from this? Well, I’ll look at the scripts myself (and the tool used to count them) later but for now, a 3mb game implies 35-40 hours of reading, and ask anyone that’s played Jingai Makyou and I think you’ll find that isn’t the case. In general, however, I would avoid using that particular list because it presents data in a misleading fashion. For example, you would assume that since the YU-NO entry lists the value including speaker tags that the other eroges listed would also include speaker tags in their size estimate (this is a significant portion of the script in any AVG) - but they don’t. WLO’s total doesn’t, FSN’s total doesn’t, Co?'s total doesn’t and who knows about the others. Needs a clearer definition of what defines the ‘script’.

Saya no Uta is 1/10 the size of Jingai Makyo (.31MB)? Finishable in 3hrs? Really? That seems absurdly low for a game that’s gotten a lot of fanfare. I imagine even Downhill Night takes more than a few hours to get through…

I finished Saya no Uta in 3-4 hours (keep in mind I am not a native Japanese reader and am thus not as fast as other people are). It’s a short game.

Not according to the reviews I’ve read!

Yep, it’s a really short game. This doesn’t take anything away from its awesomeness, though :smiley:

Basically it’s the spoken/descriptive text with all the code cut out. Pretty much what Osadai’s text in wiki is, minus the translated lines obviously.

But then again, if you look at what other games JAST could’ve picked for translation, their decision kinda makes sense. JAST has said that they’re not interested in game without voice, so that immediately eliminates the first three titles. Hello World is even longer than Jingai, Sumaga is new and also long… So they’re left with Django, Hanachirasu, Angelos Armas and Gekkou(also Saya, but the translation for that is done). Yes, good luck trying to sell those at their current audience.
Demonbane and Jingai both have NiO’s attractive art in them and as far as Nitro+ titles go, they’re not too obscure.

Django I think JAST could sell. The others, heh… would be sort of cool to do Gekkou though.

Gekkou would probably do better than Django with more hardcore visual novel audience. After all, what people know of it is that it has werewolves, maids, action, mafia and all other kinds of awesome stuff. Compare that to “spaghetti western in space”. But with the people who buy these games for sex… Yeah.
Personally I’d be fine with either/both.

I rember they also announced this one with the Ntro Plus deal. Looks awsome

Here’s a good review for Gekkou no Carnevalle.

And here’s a review for the latest nitro+ game, Muramasa.

And a review for SUMAGA Special.