JWin games and Windows XP

Here’s some motivation for all you people who play JWin games to convert to Windows XP Pro. Using the Regional and language options in Control Panel added language Support for Japanese… Successfully Installed (using the CD’s Setup Command) and Played the following games:

Sogna
Viper Lanjerie Black
Viper M5 (With the install and Win2k Patches)
Viper GTS
Viper CTR
Viper Digital Illus. R,G,B.

Cronus
Brightia

Parsley
Phantom Knight (with latest Patch)
Sonic Princess (with latest Patch)

Elf
Words Worth (minor music problem occured but game ran fine elsewise)

Be-Yond

Watanabe Seisakusho
Party’s Breaker 2001

I still haven’t installed my three Forester Games (Doll HQ, Gakuen Z, and Doll -ouroboros- but since these games ran on EWin Me I don’t think I’ll have any problems with them.

The only JWin Game I had that wouldn’t run at all was 7 Heroes Story.

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 11-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 11-02-2001).]

quote:
Originally posted by Kumiko Kamiyama:
Naturally, everyone here is more concerned with pretty young girls, though... ( [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/redface.gif[/img] )

Us? Nahhhhh..... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Yes to reiterate what Kagami said…If language compatibility is your only concern, save yourself $100 and get the home Edition of XP.

I finally got 7 Heroes Story to run on my system. Put the game in Win95 Compatibility mode and turned off the background music. Runs perfectly (albeit w/o music)

What’s everyone’s take on Windows XP? I’m not particularly fond of the have to activate over the phone stuff, the ‘if you make changes to xp you have to activate again’ type of thing. I’m a power user and I make gobs of modifications to the systems to optimize its total performance, so restricting my ability to do that seems like a bunch of stool to me. I played around with it in a store and it seems stable enough, but if that’s the case why not just NT then, since I hear it’s the same.