Kana: Fanfic Flash

After months of work, all 10 Kana chapters are finally complete! As always, you can find our Flash movies at:

http://the-z-projects.com/kana/

Thanks for your support everyone!

[This message has been edited by TheRealZ3ro (edited 01-28-2006).]

Thanks a lot for all your hard work on this - also in the name of the little sister that we all adored and mourn for!

It’s just a pity that I won’t play them soon because I am still missing out on endings 1 and 6 of the original game…

… but on the other hand I may take this as a reason to focus more on getting them!

Thanks Unicorn. I’m glad you appreciate the work we put into this. I hope all the Kana fans will, too. =)

PLEASE READ:

All 10 chapters are now complete. However, some readers may experience some problems when trying to view them, as described with Darkling’s issue:

Most of the chapters were published under Flash Player 7, with the exception of chapters 2, 8, and 10. They were published under Flash Player 8. When Darkling tried to view them with Flash Player 7, the text and some of the buttons would not show up. This is expected. However, when he updated to Flash Player 8 through Macromedia’s website, none of the chapters would show for him. Regarding why they would no longer even load, I’m not sure of the cause.

To try to simplify things, I’ve republished chapters 2, 8, and 10 under Flash Player 7. In theory, all of the chapters and the trailer should show properly even with just FP7. Updating to FP8 shouldn’t cause any problems like it did for Darkling. I’ve tested this myself with both IE and Firefox, and they all show up properly with FP8.

So, if any of you are experiencing problems viewing the videos, please post here and let me know. If possible, I will try to fix the issue. Thanks.

removed post after finding solution - see my post below

[This message has been edited by Darkling (edited 01-09-2006).]

Flash Player 8 doesn’t seem to be very good backwards-compatibility-wise.

I’ve sorted out the problem now - it was an incompatibility between Firefox’s Adblock extension and Flash Player 8. I had to go into the Adblock options and untick ‘Obj-tabs’ to get the Flash movies to display correctly.

I’ve moved up to Firefox 1.5 and Flash Player 8, and everything works fine. Problem solved!

[This message has been edited by Darkling (edited 01-09-2006).]

Well done indeed chaps! This is probably one of the first projects I have seen that have been completed and of course, have been worked so hard on, and for that, I salute you.

I was never a big ‘Kana’ fan myself but the story is almost certainly good.

Now all we need is some ‘fanfiction’ on some other Bishoujo games…

Just another update to the site.

At the request of a few of the Kana fans, I’ve decided to make our Flash videos available for download. You can find them on the Download page of my website.