Kana, finally finished it

It’s strange, I finally finished the game, all endings (finished with ending 1) and all CG’s. You’d think i’d be happy…but i’m not.

For the last 7-10 days, I had something driving me on, I had something that would pop into my head while at work. I noticed little things i’d not normally notice while going about my daily business.

And now I feel kind of empty. Does anyone know what i’m talking about?

While playing Kana and chasing the endings, I felt like I had an extra strength inside pushing me on in my day to day life and right now, 20 minutes after completing the final ending…I feel nothing.

Is this just me or does this happen to others?

Yakumo

Well, what kind of empty feeling is it? In my case, it was a kind of hollowness - an awareness of something missing from my life that had been important to me. It was Kana herself. I missed her as much as if she’d been a real person.

If you’d care to be a test subject for Zero and me, Yakumo, could you go to Zero’s website and try Chapter 1 of his Kana Flash animations?

I guess whether or not you’d want to try them depends on what sort of empty feeling you had - were you left wanting more, or were you kind of let down and deflated? There’s a difference between feeling empty and feeling ‘nothing’, after all. If you felt like there should have been ‘more of an ending’, then by all means point your browser here:

http://www.the-z-projects.com/kana/

[This message has been edited by Darkling (edited 11-30-2005).]

See for me I thought the ending where Kana died and you published her diaries was the better ending. The one where Kana lived just IMO lacked something that this ending had.

I always preferred Ending 5, myself. Ending 6 was a little too ‘uplifting’ for my liking.

I preferred Ending 5 because it showed Taka finally dealing with his grief, but it didn’t feel the need to tell us how meaningful and powerful Kana’s life was and that, hey, Taka’s actually going to be all right, etc. I didn’t really need that. I was just glad that Taka could finally cry over her.

I liked all the endings in there own way. Ending 3 was one of my favorites though. Call me a sadist, but I wish that ending would’ve been darker than it was. It didn’t contrast ending 1 enough to even out the balance between immense depression, and the pure happiness you get when you finally get to the point of seeing Kana healthy, and being able to live out her dream.

Thanks for the links Darkling, it turns out i’d already bookmarked that site before you replied. I found the link on another post here. I guess that would answer your question, obviously I am after more if I manage to find your site. But thanks for posting the links

I preferred number 5 as well. It snowed a few days back where I am…that was a different feeling I got looking out the window.

I’ll swing by the site tonight hopefully (on way to work) but from the quick glance i’ve had, it’s all looking good.

Yakumo

You are a good writer, the story is very good so far. (read first set of 10)

The flash animation works well as a teaser.

I’ll be popping back regularily

If you need any specific feedback on any areas feel free to use me as a guinea pig.

Cheers,

Yakumo

Well, the fanfics are pretty much finished - I don’t feel the need to write any more. The newest development is Zero’s Flash animations of the first ten chapter story.

I think it’ll be interesting to see if people react any differently when the Flash movies are their first experience of the fanfics, as compared to people who just read them the normal way. Guess I can’t ask you to be a guinea pig in that regard anymore, though.