Kana: For those of you who have seen all endings

Hi everyone,

I was finally able to get ENDING 1 after seeing a walkthrough on the Internet. I have 100% CG, but here is something funny.

At the very end of the opening title song, we see Kana standing barefoot in the rain, with her shirt soaked wet and partially see-through. I never came across that scene within the game, even with all endings and 100% CG. Am I missing something?

[SPOILERS BELOW!!!]
:
:
:
:
:

Or is this a scene from the future, when Kana returns to Taka after she messes up her job at the bookstore? Any thoughts?

- Big Rocket

Even though, I have not seen all endings yet, I already figured, some of the images in the intro are not really part of the game.

Another thing, regarding this lovely picture: The shirt, she is wearing, seems to have too long sleeves for her. Perhaps, it is not her shirt, but borrowed from someone else (two possibilities come to mind immediately)…

Dammitall! Now I want to know more about the story, connected with this picture and know very well at the same time, there is no answer, the game would give to that question.

so what damn choices do you need to make to get ending 5…i still can’t do it!!!

How about this?

BTW, if you run that through Altavista’s Bablefish, you will notice that Taka is a high school student at the end of the game, in the Japanese version. Ahem.

[This message has been edited by BigRocket (edited 10-02-2002).]

quote:
Originally posted by BigRocket:
[SPOILERS BELOW!!!]
:
:
:
:
:

Or is this a scene from the future, when Kana returns to Taka after she messes up her job at the bookstore? Any thoughts?

- Big Rocket

*coughpessimistcough* ^_-

As for ending help, this might be of use.

http://www.do-game.co.jp/amuz/navi/kana/kana_frame.htm

The breakdown of the "minor choices" and how many active or intellectual points they gave was interesting.

[This message has been edited by Zorian (edited 10-02-2002).]

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
so what damn choices do you need to make to get ending 5...i still can't do it!!!!

If you really ask for it, I am going to send you a step-by-step-guide to ending#5 on monday.

However, if you have not seen it yet, you are going to watch the (in my opinion) most painful ending (out of the 4 endings, I know by now). So, be prepared with a box or two of handkerchiefs...

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 10-04-2002).]

After looking at the links above. I must say I used different selection to some that are avertised. Strange. I remember the difference between endding 5 and 6 was my last selection and yet in the one of teh walkthroughs it was something in the middle. Hmmmmm.

This is not that surprising, if you take into acccount, it does not work as a simple adventure with a tree of events that branch at every decision, but as a SIM with hidden counters:

Any decision adds to the counters and at certain points in the story, these counters open different paths.
For example, I chose in my first go to give Kana the comic book, because I thought the other books would be too boring for a girl at the age of 8. However, in that first go, I ended up on ending#5 on the intellectual route, because of some other decisions, I did in the meantime.

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 10-04-2002).]

Hey, terribly sorry for bumping this, but is there some program I can use to translate all those Jap characters to English?
Or even better… is there an English walkthrough?

quote:
Originally posted by Itzchy:
Hey, terribly sorry for bumping this, but is there some program I can use to translate all those Jap characters to English?
Or even better... is there an English walkthrough?

I think quite a few (or maybe it's just me and my multiple-personalities) use altavista's babelfish translations since it's fast and dirty.

Babelfish didn’t help much, as the english that came out was HORRIBLY broken… sigh… I wish I knew what to do… byez

Heh, well I did say it’s fast and dirty. It’s a word by word translation which doesn’t take into account grammar and other little things that make it into a true translation. You’re usually better off working out the translation yourself or investing in some good software. For instance, the translator software I have on my computer is better than babelfish but still requires you to figure out what exactly is being said. (Not to mention the really odd translations I get sometimes…)

Hmm, nevermind, I translated the ‘table’ webpage, and that helped… hehe… reasonably understandable