Kana Little Sister on Vista

Since you have a 64 bit version of vista you have to be careful as you now have two program files folders the standard program files will be for 64-bit programs and you should have another ending with (x86) which is where your 32-bit programs should be installed to so that would be one thing to try but the other thing to try is to run the setup program with full admin privileges (open the disc then right-click the setup program and select run as administrator).

It’ll be exactly the same game you bought before vista came out they just checked that the game would install and run in vista on their own equipment.
Also I did mention that even if you are set up as an administrator you don’t have full administrator privileges in vista which is why you have to do that “run as administrator” on certain programs.
One thing I’ve just thought of is user account control on or off (if it is on then turn it off and try installing the game again).

If you have Administrative Permissions, have you tried creating the destination Directory yourself, using Windows Explorer? The installer might be hanging because the install program is glitching in 64 bit vista, or permissions are blocking the attempt to create the new directory.

(x86) which is for 32bit apps.

I just installed it to it’s default folder in Program Files (Vista x64 here), the installer hung but completed the install. It runs fine from that folder, but the Start Menu group was not installed.

I have UAC turned off, and no firewall or other security programs installed. I know for a fact Zone Alarm will wreak havoc on a system, it can lock down everything if allowed to do so.