Kana..Okaeri! -> Remake of Kana ~ little sister

Hi Mystvan,

‘Darkling-kun’ will do just fine. =)

The theme songs and music are exactly the same as in the original game, but there are two new vocal songs as well. There are samples here:

http://www.cd-bros.co.jp/takayashiki/soft/kana/down.htm

I used it appropriately. It means you are screaming, and in my mind, I was.

Note that I didn’t insult Peter Payne at all. I was being vulgar about the idea of the CGs needing an upgrade.

But my stance on uncensored games remains, so it would be inconsistent to remove them.

i was referring to your inappropriate use of language and tone, not your stance on uncensored games (which i have no problems with)

[ 04-21-2007, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: Lamuness ]

Thanks, Darkling-kun. Hey, your site about Kana-chan is lovely and nice. I like it very much. Awesome.

I love the song “For You” and the music “How Do You Feel?” Unforgettable!!!

I hope “GC, PP [Edited by Mystvan] & Co” release more games as “Kana ~Little Sister”, “Crescendo”, “Private Nurse”, “Figures of Happiness” and “Heart de Roommate”.

[ 06-18-2007, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

‘How Do You Feel?’ is one of my favourite tracks from the game’s soundtrack too. =)

Screaming at people is generally considered rude EVEN IF it’s perfectly justified.

well it seems like benoit is likely acknowlege his inappropriate use of language and tone of voice, how unfortunate…

Whoa… I just discovered that Yonekura Kengo did the art for the original Kana ~Imouto~.

Just… whoa.

She’s come a long way as an artist since then… This almost makes up for her standoffish mink-coat wearing dominatrix vibe when she’s at her circle space for Comiket.

[ 04-30-2007, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: Shingo ]

checks out site

What the…

Wow ! Robot ! I know aBe Yoshito is in that collection, but I never thought… just… wow.

Think some other GC artists might ever reach that stage ?

Wow. Thanks for the link, Shingo-kun. :slight_smile:

Link is DEAD/redirected.

I nearly went down on my knees begging to borrow this game from a Japanese friend of mine who happened to have it in his treasured collection (on the premise not to scratch the disk at ALL costs) and… well yeah, it’s the same script, story and all, but the art… i felt something was rather “different” but i still managed to like it. Only thing is: face seems to be misproportioned, more noticeable if you note the eyes.

(maybe it’s just me getting used to reading Ah! My Goddess! translated manga [now on Chapter 226] of which the character art is top-class, IMO. Or rather, me really infatuated with Belldandy’s “bangs” which no other anime/manga character has; closest ever is Naru Narusegawa (Love Hina).

But for some reason, I NEARLY stopped and quit when i got to ero-scenes. The .GIF-like “movement mode” rather bothered me, for reasons i don’t know why myself.
In the end, i was forced to borrow another drive to get both game disks on my PC and play both of them simultaneously, with the original on screen and the remake only for the voice. (done by running the game/s from the executables ON THE CDs.)

So it may be a good idea to somehow remake the original Kana and add the voices from the remake WITH A LICENSE AGGREEMENT or something of the sort, or use a script patch.

OR ELSE, i’ll end up haing to reverse-engineer it MYSELF. That is, if worse comes to worst. Kind of hard to include the usage of the WMSC (<<voice?) file in the game coding, though.

It took me a while to adjust to the ‘new’ Kana when playing the game, but eventually I started feeling as if it were just a different actress playing the role of Kana. Different sets, different costume designer, but the same characters being explored and the same story being told.

The voices added a different dimension to the experience. Whereas in KLS I was free to read the dialogue with whatever emphasis I liked, suddenly the lines were acted. My original interpretation of some of the lines was very different to the performances in Okaeri at times.

I’d like to see something like this as well, though I don’t think G-Collections will ever do it. It’s a lot of work for a game that didn’t really set the market on fire in the first place.

But I’d also find it strange, given what I said earlier about accepting that there were two different actresses playing Kana. I don’t think the Okaeri voice suits the original, brown-haired Kana. I came to accept that voice for black-haired Kana, and I associate it with her. Hearing that voice coming out of brown-haired Kana’s mouth (so to speak) would be weird to me.