Kana..Okaeri! -> Remake of Kana ~ little sister

here’s the link:
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=103021
o.o

Yup, we know about it. :slight_smile:

Originally it was going to be published for the XBox. Then the ones who were making it went under or something, and another developer released it for the PC.

What’s new:
-Characters are voiced.
-All the CG were redrawn.

Well I didn’t know anything about it until I stumbled across this post. I’m interested because the original Kana is like holy writ to me. But after viewing the images on the link I’m not so sure it’s going to be an improvement. The re-drawn looks too much like your generic anime girl, and her tits are too big. Is that hospital she’s staying in do implants now? I don’t think I’d bother with this game (if PP ever picks it up), unless there’s a happier ending for Yumi or a really hot scene with the nurse.

If you’re familiar with the Mainichi site, then you know that they sometimes reprint the covers of the Japanese weekly magazines. A few months back they showed one for a magazine called Cyzo that had a girl on the cover who was Kana come to life. I swear it. I don’t remember what month it was, so you’ll just have to take my word for it. But I printed it out, so now I have a nice picture of Kana mounted over my desk.

The storyline is exactly the same in Kana Okaeri. No scenes have been added or removed.

However, the voices do add a new and different dimension to the experience. It feels quite different to Kana Little Sister in places.

Hello, Darkling “Kana-chan” (or Kana-kun?) :stuck_out_tongue: ,

Do you know if the theme songs and musics are the same in both games?

I sincerely hope the “GC & Co” will release “Kana… Okaeri!” and “Crescendo” - DVD version…

[ 04-20-2007, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: Mystvan ]

I’m afraid they won’t Mystvan.

Not to burst your bubble, but Peter Payne did state at one time that he won’t do rehashes of previosuly published games. So, while I myself am all for a Crescendo DVD version… it may never happen.

That’s bad news, Phineas…

I’m not sure, but GC rehashed “Kango Shicyauzo - I’m Gonna Nurse You Voice Plus”, right?

And Peter told me, via e-mail, GC’ll rehashe “Jewel Knights - Crusaders” with “some upgrades to the art”, but I don’t know when it happens.

==================================================

Peter:

“We’re planning on re-releasing Jewel Knights later, we wanted to do some upgrades to the art.”

==================================================

And I agree with you about “AngelSmile”. I think the games from “AngelSmile” and “DO” are more deeper and emotional games than other companies (CD-BROS)/GC.

They just added voice to it.

Yeah, right! I’m sure he’ll censor/cut out the loli! Upgrade art my ass! It doesn’t need any upgrading.

Benoit, it’s best to avoid bad words… But not bad thoughts :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: .

Hello, Big Ben,

Well, I’ll not complaining about this. Why? Because I bought this game at another online store. And I’ve already received it.

I understand your opinion, but I think you also have to understand them (PP & Co) because it’s not easy if US government, law or whatever is creating difficulties, etc.

I don’t like and I don’t agree with censorship, but I’ll try to undertand them.

Edited by Mystvan

[ 06-18-2007, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

The game has been out for years without difficulties already.

After a review of the game it was decided to put Jewel Knights Crusaders up for sale as-is, with no alterations in content from its original G-Collections release. It is available right now at J-List.

I repeat, to clarify: the version of the game available from us is in no way altered from the original release.

Okay… I admit THAT I didn’t know… but I do rememebr reading somewhere, and from what I heard, that Pete Payne wasn’t too keen on rehashes.

But yes indeed about the Angelsmile & DO games. Actually, I’d also add in CROWD, though, voerall, all three companies are realtively at the higher end… the rest to be a bit… smaller.

Well… they didn’t say voice plus for nothing… and you didn’t have to be so bluntly rude Benoit.

Hmmm… I still don’t really like JKC. The protagonist was an absolute, complete **** (insert vulgarity), the fight scenes could do with some actual CG (unlike Wind, where the lack of fight CGs could be ‘slighty’ explainable), and I don’t really fancy the art.

That being said, on the issue of rehashes, I need to raise an issue someday…

[ 04-18-2007, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: Phineas Lucis ]

Woohoo!

I never said that.

I couldn’t/didn’t want to help it. If any game I care about gets altered, THERE’LL BE HELL TO PAY!

Haha… you’re not funny Benoit. I was talking about GC here, not you. So, when it’s called “Voice plus”, in contrast to the original, it simply means the added voice. And you don’t have to say it.

Again, you’re being bluntly rude, but, bearing in mind a few considerations, and while I disagree with you… I won’t say further.

Though I will say that, despite yourself, you should be a little bit more aware of other people’s considerations. Then again… that may be a little bit hard, (and it’s hard for me to rephrase this )

There isn’t much to disagree with in what you quoted. Also, please explain how I’m being rude again, because I seriously don’t get it.

Well, if there are some things you don’t get, I believe you made known that you have a certain condition which woud hinder you from doing so (and I will not go as far as to show you that link or tell you directly, since you yourself know what it is)

As for disagreement, I disagree with ‘other things’ you said in this thread as a whole.

And, since you don’t seem to get it… internet ettiquette, as a whole, means reducing the amount of CAPSLOCK you use, exclamation marks, and, more importantly… your opinions of someone who runs PP. If I do’t eem to be making sense,s croll up to the post where you actually mentioned Pete Payne.

But anyway, while I’m saying thos, note that I am familiar with your condition, and yyoua ren’t stupid at all… though you just need to try a little bit harder. And the world wouldn’t work if people just did things directly (but that would be a bit hard to explain to you).

i think what phineas meant by “rude” is that the tone and language used by benoit was unnecessary and inappropriate (you could have said something more mature and rational but has the same meaning of your post). and given that the game is confirmed to be released uncensored, i believe it is in benoit’s best interests to retract or apologize for his rude comments.

didn’t i write “be nice” in the board rules? come on, benoit, you participated in the board rules pending thread so you should know better

[ 04-20-2007, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness ]

Wait. Didn’t G-collections offer to upgrade Kango Shicyauzo non-voice version to the voice plus one upon the latter’s release?

yes, if you send back the older verison or give peter the older version during the con, he will give you the voice plus version in return…i think