Kana ~Okaeri!!~ ??

It does use the same script, however, with the exception of the voices, I think Okaeri is inferior to the original in a number of ways.

[list][] The character sprites (paper dolls) look worse, IMHO. They just look plain, over-shinied, whatever… they just seem lifeless in Okaeri.[/]
[] A number of the CGs look better, a number of them also look worse. Worse, it’s generally pretty inconsistent.[/]
[] Animated H scene crap. Ugh.[/][/list]

Honestly, the only thing you’d ever want is the voices (and personally, I prefer playing the game without voices; possibly because I played Kana ~Imouto~ before ~Okaeri~)…

there should be english version of the first 2 xchange reprints as well

Unfortunately, KLS didn’t exactly set the bishoujo game market on fire when it was first released, so the odds of G-Collections putting additional time and money into the remake are extremely low. I remember reading on the board here that Peach Princess (which basically owns the G-Collections brand) wants to move forward and release new games, not re-release old ones.

As far as I can tell (not being able to read Japanese and using a translation program to ‘follow’ Okaeri), the scripts of the two games are exactly the same.

And I agree with Lancer-X on a lot of points:

[list]* The artwork is inconsistent. Some of the CGs improve on the KLS version; others are far inferior. A lot of the time, they’re just middle of the road.

• The brief animated segments of the sex scenes are distracting, but so brief that I don’t feel they really detract from the game.[/list]
    The voices, oddly enough, suit the new character designs, but I can’t imagine Kana’s voice coming out of the KLS version of Kana. In my imagination, KLS Kana sounds like the vocalist who sings ‘The White Season’. However, the voice acting is very good and it does end up suiting the Okaeri version of Kana. Basically - same role, different ‘actors’ (or character designs, in this case).

kanafan: I don’t want to blow my own horn or anything, but have you come across Kana: Fanfic Flash? It’s a Flash fanfic that continues from Ending 1 in the same style as the game. Might help feed your KLS obsession. =)

http://www.the-z-projects.com/kana/

The ironic thing is that Kana Okaeri had been announced (as a Japanese G-rated version for the Xbox) when I first found out about KLS. At the time, I actually preferred the more conventional look of the Okaeri Kana; I thought KLS Kana was a bit skinny and strange-looking. I’ve often wondered if I would feel the same way about the game if I’d played Okaeri first. Would the graphics and the voices have had a different effect on me?

Of course, as you probably know, the G-rated Xbox version was cancelled, and Okaeri was eventually released as an adult game for the PC.

Technically, I think they actually released the adult Okaeri before canceling the X-Box version. However, some of the announcements made by the company are indeed confusing (the X-Box game was canceled during Interlex/CD Bros./Yuuto Group’s implosion, at which time they spun Panther Software off as an independent company. The now-autonomous Panther probably retained rights to release an all-ages Kana, hence the claim that they’d look into a PC release).

I can’t imagine how disapointing would be a all age version without the anthologic “masturbation scene”. :lol:
Do every girls shout the name of the person they’re using for masturbation ? (I mean IRL since in the 2D world, they always do it… especialy if they love their “oni chan” since he will probably be just close to her room).

Man le nuage, you sure like to talk about women loving demons. :stuck_out_tongue: I think that’s the third time you’ve done that since I’ve been on this board.

… Loool yeah it’s the third time now. :lol:

Onii-chan !!! :twisted:

But what if their oniichan is an oni-chan? C’mon, that pun’s so terrible someone has to have decided to base an eroge off of it …

Nocturnal Illusions had it.

Hmmm… so these ARE the differences. Anyone knows how good or bad the VAing is? :stuck_out_tongue:

'Cos meh… a fair bit of “VAing” in anime for young females = high and squeaky… pumped up on endless steroids.

Then again, it’s not released in English.

If one would like to hear Taka and Kana’s actual voices, but don’t have the remake, you can still hear a clip of them in one of the scenes in Crescendo. The main character of Crescendo has an opportunity to go see a movie “based on actual events” which happens to be Kana’s diary which was published by Taka after she dies.

I don’t know if those are the same voices as in the remake though TubeSockWarrior. Maybe someone here knows?

They’re almost certainly different, as the full voice version of Crescendo was released over a year before Okaeri. Okaeri’s character page has some samples.

Now that I think on it, it would probably be weird that the voice actors are the same. After all, in Crescendo it is actors in a movie based on the book the protagonist in Kana writes.

The voice actors in crescendo and Kana:okaeri are different people. However the one’s in crescendo have pulled it off really well
if you want to listento them : http://pages.prodigy.net/kana/nolook/kvoice.html
havent played okaeri yet, maybe i’ll get it in the future.