Kango.Shicyauzo

My Friend has this. and he Installed it and then Put in the Game Disc and then tried to play it. but all it kept saying was insert the right Cd-rom. Does anyone know what could fix that?

thank you

There are a few games from GC that were done using a very … odd copy protection ‘scheme’. You essentially have to swap discs to start the game. It’s been awhile, so I can’t remember if KS Voice used this scheme; if I remember right, this is how you start it up:

1. Insert the installation disc
  2. When prompted, insert the game disc
  3. Play the game

Well what happened was Install Disk In. Installation. Switch to Play Disc and then Tried to play and got that message.

Why not try to run it from the start menu and not the discs startup splash screen (I never run any of the games that need their second (or the install) disc in from the startup menu).

Sounds like you have Kango 2.

You have to insert the install disc 1st , select play, and the game will prompt you to switch discs.
If you try to start from the play disc you’ll get an “install correct disc” error all the time.

ok ill give that a Try.

Is it Kango 1 or 2?

if it’s Kango 1 and you are using Vista, try running the game in Compatibility mode.

Kango 2 has that weird installation scheme so try starting the game from the install disc, 1st.

-Also on Kango 2, the opening movie has problems on certain systems. Check and see if media player can play the opening movie, if it can’t. find a short movie that plays on your system and rename the file with the same file name and extension as the kango 2 movie and place it in the Kango 2 Directory.

Start the game and it 'll play the new movie but you’ll be able to play the game now.

Hmm, Have you updated your Sound and Video Drivers?

Also try running them in Windows 98/ME compatibility mode.