Kara no Shoujo Trial

MG i updated it website with a trial for KnS.
I quite enjoyed it and i want more and i found that the famous “No Voice problem” isn’t a problem in the end.

So what’s your opinion about it?

Cartagra was more my thing as far as Innocent Grey games go. I’m not that big on eroge with gameplay overall though, so I played it like I play every eroge - with a walkthrough - so I probably didn’t really get as much enjoyment out of the system as people who played it properly.

i Don’t see any enjoyment in going “So many choices on this map…which one is the best?”

Out of the three eroges from Innocent Grey I have played (Caucasus, Cartagra and KnS), Kara no Shojo gets second place, right behind Caucasus. I found Caucasus to have better characters, a more interesting setting and definitely superior ero. On the other hand, it’s almost impossible to solve Caucasus without trying and trying again until out of pure lock you enter the right place at the right timing and find that important piece you need to avoid a bad ending. From this point of view, KnS is superior - you can get everything right from the very first playthrough. It’s hard, and in the end you’ll probably get a few bad ending, but it’s all there, you just need to think about it. No luck, just your brain working hard.

Anyway, KnS it’s a fantastic game. It’s in the top 50 on VN Dtabase, and for good reasons. Any player in the english-speaking eroge community should play this, period.

I dunno, I thought the detective style identification of evidence etc. in Kara no Shoujo is legitimate gameplay and probably of interest to some people. I didn’t give it a chance, though, since I just did what the walkthrough told me to do. =P

I’ve only played Cartagra, Pianissimo and Kara no Shoujo- for me, Cartagra > Kara no Shoujo > Pianissimo. Haven’t played Caucasus yet, will probably wait until it goes up for DL sales.

EDIT: Huh, it is already available for DL sales. I’ll probably get it whenever I feel like, then =P

I thought you liked owning hard copies of games ;_;?

Any who…Anyone else think the character sprites look odd? IE the feet and heads…?

Oh and dat shocked [color=#FFFFFF]cum[/color] face

Nope, I don’t really care for hardcopies. I have a lot of them already and they take up space. Plus you have to pay shipping on them.

Then it should be no problem getting THAT game. [size=50]Shoin[/size]

I’ve played Shoin now, actually- after I realised that the patch contains all the script files, most of the music etc. and FLAGYX has detailed information on programming for the nbook engine on his website, so I was able to debug it enough to create fake files for everything I needed. Sure, it was missing pretty much all the graphics, sound effects etc. but we don’t play eroge for the pictures or the sounds, we play them for the TEXT, amirite?

Patch? Why didn’t you just you know…?

Buy it? Because I’m cheap. In any respect, the full game didn’t have that much content than my hacked-together version. The production values are probably about the very lowest for any commercial eroge released in the past twenty years or so. It’s very much something to play for the story, because it doesn’t appeal on any other level.

How was the story…? Lowest production values? I think you forgot about Abelsoft.

The story? Different. I’m interested to know what other eroge it inspired, though, since it came out before a lot of more famous works that used a similar sort of structure. (Pandora no Yume, Mugen Kairou, Cross Channel etc.) As for the production values, I highly doubt Abel has created anything that matches this… the full game apparently fits into 50mb.