King of Fighters XIII

So yea… it’s the completed version of KoF12 (which was basically a beta test):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2O7I38Sc50

I wonder if we get to see the incestuous yangire Rose actually fight in this installment, instead of just cheering on her brother from the sidelines.

Looks like we get an army of Sith Lords or something.

I think they should rename the Women Fighting Team, to Team Bouncy. Or maybe Team Fanservice, since you can rip the shirts off King and Yuri in a finisher attack.

still searches

I hope they will release it on PS.

It’s been a long time since KOF11… (no don’t even mention the shitty kof12).
I’m really glad they put back two of my fav characters : Joe Higashi and Andy Bogard.

So let’s start with the usual complaints : “where is … ? It’s the best character !”
There are two important missig characters : Blue Mary and [size=150]Momoko[/size].
Damned why didn’t they put the loli in this game ?

Oh and I forgot the usual “when will they put Rock Howard god damned !”
I can’t believe he’s never appeared in a kof…

The console version of KoF XIII has stages and characters that weren’t in the arcade version. Sky Noah is one the new stages. I like how that stage features the Bernstein family, and how a regular day on the observation deck takes place. Cute how Adel and Rose are always together (daisuki oniichan and all that). However… it appears that the entire family will be making a come back in KoF14… :twisted:

Watch the center monitor up top… it was only a matter of time. 8)

Also Rose has an alt outfit… will we finally get to see the yandere in action next installment? Team Bernstein?

Fuck yea that would be epic!!! :twisted:

So after all this time, I finally beat all the story modes in KoF13. Hurray!
So lots of spoilers for those who haven’t seen it yet…

[spoiler]I was one of the people who hated Ash. He had serious “Mary Sue” traits and kept beating the original heroes without breaking a sweat. It was really annoying, and I thought of him as a Jump the Shark character. But now… having seen the whole thing… holy shit. Ash wasn’t a jerk ass, the whole time travel thing explained his god mode, and then he died fighting for the woman he loved. More over, we never to to see the real Ash except for a few seconds at the end… his persona the entire time was just a front to protect Elisabeth.

On the other flip side, I was also worried about Rose turning against Adel. The whole mind control was taking away her “daisuki oniichan” thing, which is what made Rose so adorable. Sure she’s yandere, but her rage mode was being caused by a puppet master, not Adel’s mistakes. However the story in KoF13 not only returned Rose back to her normal incesty self, it revealed that Adel’s “cold fish” responses to Rose are all a facade. He’s just as obsessed with Rose as she is with him. He quickly figures out that she isn’t normal (the fact that she doesn’t tell him anything and/or does stuff without him), had signs of going into emotional breakdown, and joins forces with the enemy to get her back. Adel doesn’t care about saving the world: he just wants Rose back. He’s also a kuudere. The plot device silently explains why Rose is so obsessive over Adel. It’s now easy to assume he’s been a hero to her… and now reveals a better of picture of whose side she’d pick if Rugal and Adel ever met and had to fight. Moreover, we got to see Adel [u]ANGRY[/u]… he wants revenge for what happened to Rose, and seeing how everyone lost their memories (but not feelings) of the events because of Ash, Adel might direct that anger at the wrong people.[/spoiler]

So anyways… people are expecting KoF14 to be a Dream Match entry. That would be cool. SNK has been releasing various “teaser shots” of their sprite work for currently unplayable characters. I seriously can’t wait to see Rose in battle!

Don’t know if you ever found it since then, but here’s a vid of the shirt loss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJiuZLLP7Sg

For anyone who cares, SNK updated their employment page a few weeks ago, and evidently they’re looking for 3D artists to do the next KOF:

http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/employment/

So much for all that extra sprite work they did during the KOF13 run. :frowning:

Maybe they’re finally going to give us a sequel to Maximum Impact 2 :smiley: