Knights of Xentar - Mouse

After more than two weeks of resting on my desk, the game has found its way into my CD-ROM drive. Yup, I got Knights of Xentar. Bought it from bokmeow.

Anyway, it seems that I can only move the mouse when a dialogue box is on the screen. Only the keyboard works in exploration mode.
Is this normal?

I don’t think it’s normal… It seems like I could use the mouse to move around, but it was such a messy procedure that I opted to just use the arrow keys… it got me where I wanted to go much more efficiently. And because I only tended to use the arrow keys, I can only say that I don’t think it’s normal.

Er… I only remember using the arrow keys to move around.

I could pull down the game box, install the game, and see how it behaves. But since this is an XP box, I don’t know if it will behave the same as when I last played it.

I don’t know. It’s been so long since I’ve played the game… It is a DOS game, so a lot of features are probably not as efficiently built into it as we’ve come to be used to in these days of standard GUI interfaces.

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfson:
I don't know. It's been so long since I've played the game... It is a DOS game, so a lot of features are probably not as efficiently built into it as we've come to be used to in these days of standard GUI interfaces.

Other than Brave Soul I have really only needed the 'enter'
and 'escape' key. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Knights of Xentar was programed in the fashion of those RPG’s where the characters walk around the map in order to move from place to place. So you have to at least use the arrow keys in order to direct the characters’ movements. Also, the interface for the characters’ spells and equipment is more easily accessed through the use of a mouse. All in all, it was far closer to an RPG than Brave Soul, it just suffered from poor marketing and the fact that, like most bishoujo games, it was about a generation behind in terms of its overall programming complexity in order to expidite the game itself as well as the CGs.

Thanks for the help (or at least trying to), guys. I didn’t mind using the arrow keys.

ok Checking mine here’s what you need to do

-Go to the games Directory, default is GAMES\XENTAR
-type [Drive Letter update info is located] install

so if you burned the file to a CD-R and it’s your D: drive you’d go to the games directory (Default is C:\GAMES\XENTAR)
and Type D:install

-If you are using Dosbox make sure you mount the CDROM and C Drive Correctly-