Know someone who is just getting into bishoujo gaming?

I started playing bishoujo games when I
bought a copy of Snow Drop in a local anime import store about two years ago. Now, I’ve
played the game to death and want to sell it to someone else so they
can see how the bishoujo games play (in hopes they will buy others
titles like Casual Romance Club, Tokimeki Check-In! or X-change). I know PP has a policy about posts dealing with selling…but I do not know anyone else
around me and I’d like others to play it to. Peter suggested E-bay…is this a good outlet to use or will it get buried in the slush or banned due to ebay rules?
Does anyone know someone who is just getting started with the Bishoujo genre? I found SD was the perfect game to “dive” into the genre for me due to it’s story and graphics. If this post is in violation of rules, then please remove it.

Well, I’m guessing you’ve seen our discussions on ebay in general. It’s up to how comfortable you are using their system. It was where I let go my extra copy of Snow Drop. I wish I did know more people getting into the genre, but then again, I probably would have bugged them to get Snow Drop already!

Of course if you want to hook your new “victims” you might want to go with a game that has nicer graphics. like tokemeki check-in.

I DID think they looked like Hikaru, Umi, and Fuu…must…fight…desire to order the JAST collection series.

quote:
Originally posted by rayearthknight:
I DID think they looked like Hikaru, Umi, and Fuu...must...fight...desire to order the JAST collection series.

Please don't resist!
You'll just miss a great bargain!

Hmm, I generally use Snow Drop for those I’m trying to get into the genre based on storylines. For my friends more interested in the sex, I generally use TCI. (Yes, I know TCI is more than just sex but it also has a variety of girls and I can usually help them with the paths off the top of my head rather than looking things up all the time.)

As a side-note, the last friend I gave TCI to, it was his sister and her husband that ended up playing the game more. They also were able to complete 12 of the paths to his 2. I’m not sure what that means, but I find it amusing…

Yeah, don’t resist. It’s a great collection - Season of the Sakura and Three Sisters’ Story are two absolute classic titles, and you get both (plus Runaway City) for less than one more recent game. Buy it, you know you want to
I got it because of the Hikaru/Umi/Fuu relevance (this was before I’d seen Evangelion to know who Rei and Asuka were ), and found a totally classic wonderful game. With the added option to go through lots of romantic scenes with Fuu.

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
I find the graphics better in the DOS game compared to TCI if you consider the computer hardware for the times."Requirements: MS-DOS or windows 95,486 or better, 8 meg ram,CD-rom and mouse" ( 1996?) , TCI 32 meg ram, win 95, P-90, 16 bit color? ( 2001 ).

Other than higher color pictures, most games have put more development with voice over and 'movie clips' and better audio since then but comparing the early dos games with todays product you don't have any major developments in plot and game style.

Well of course audio and video seems to be developed the most. Mainly because the older games didn't have any voices or video. In fact quite a few had no sounds or very rudementary sounds.

I have listed the game on “Ebay” under the following heading:
“Snow Drop Adult Hentai/Bishoujo Game for PC”.
I know that it’s not a “hentai” game…but in order for people to locate it, I had to give it a name to match that X-change auction from Oz.
I hope someone buys it and I am going to plug PP/J-list to the buyer.

[This message has been edited by rayearthknight (edited 10-21-2003).]

To me Dnow Drop doesn’t sound good at all :stuck_out_tongue:
Well you wrote it correctly at your auction so it doesn’t really matter.

duly noted

quote:
Originally posted by rayearthknight:
I know that it's not a "hentai" game...but in order for people to locate it, I had to give it a name to match that X-change auction from Oz.

Well it's "hentai" by the Western definition of the word, but I know what you mean. It kills me to have to use "hentai" in the auction titles. But good luck, I hope you manage to sucker, er, bring another into the bishoujo fold. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]