Let's Meow Meow cosplay

My friend and I decided we wanted to be catgirls for Nekocon.
Mikan is her favorite character from the game and Kohaku is my favorite catgirl in the game.
I made both of the costumes.
Please take a look at our gallery.
-

I always love to see fans who know how to and are willing to design and wear costumes for any fan based event, those are 2 well designed costumes.
(just as a random observation, Mikan has a tail, where is yours Kohaku :stuck_out_tongue: )
Nice game to pick costumes from by the way, its a personal favorite as well.

its been a while since i last saw your cosplay which was eons ago at anime central

…and i know it’s been a long time but is it just me you look totally different then your shizuka cosplay back then; no way i could have recognized you over the years

Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm with us,
Me, I have the tragic misfortune to live in an area where guys like this one abound :frowning:

@Gambit: Thank you for your kind words.
(I could not find a reference picture for where I should make a hole for Kohaku’s tail to come out of. The hakama is incorrectly pleated anyway, so if I remake it I could add one.)

@Lamuness: Yeah, it has been a long time… I think I grew up/old somewhere along the way. I guess that can change a person’s face. :slight_smile:

@Baldo: It is my pleasure to do so.
Awww, haters are not any fun. :frowning:

Aye, very nice costumes. I haven’t made any since my rein-faire days, must have took you awhile! Reminds me I should try to attend Dallas this next year…

Heh…and Baldo, try being an Oklahoma anime fan. It goes over about as well as my interest in medieval Europe…it doesn’t. If it wasn’t for being a rather big guy, I’d never made it this long.

@Mirk: Thanks very much. The costumes took longer than I thought it would take. I guess I would say all together a little less than month with a fitting and some alterations. I had to rush to get my costume done in the end, which lead to a few mistakes. ^-^*
I haven’t been to a renaissance faire in a long time. Maybe I will go to one next year. :smiley:

Ok after checking the game i have concluded that Kohaku and her hakama are almost never in the same place at the same time, especially in a spot you can really tell where the tail starts.
Not that i didnt believe you, its just been so long since ive played that game, i wanted to see for my self.

Heh. I happen to live in an area where until we started a convention there were none in the entire state for anime.

Oh yea…shameless plug (cuz we really need some preregisters): Anime St. Louis

@Gambit: Thank you for researching for me. :slight_smile: Another pair of eyes is always helpful.

@Jinnai: That looks like a neat convention. I wish some other conventions had websites as organized Anime St. Louis’.